Slide over!

Started by Slowhand Bob, February 16, 2010, 10:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowhand Bob

The badge holder slide pattern is repeated here (better quality) with another related slide for holding one 12ga double pouch.  The construction shown here turns out a quick and easy rivet assembly but sewing would not add much to your time.  If sewing I would cut the circular tuck under square instead of round.  It is somewhat self explanatory but I will try to do a photo assembly overview when I return from visiting the grandchildren this weekend.  Once again this is another project for using up 3" belt strap cut offs.

JD Alan

Hey Bob I made one out of your first pattern, which worked better for a 3 inch belt than a 2 1/2, and then made a few more with different sizes and shapes just for the heck of it. Several guys asked if I could incorporate a few cartridge loops on the top of the badge holder, for quick reloads. Though I've not done a cartridge loop of any kind yet, our buddy Freedom posted an awesome "How To" complete with lots of photos, which are greatly appreciated.

I hope you enjoy the grandkid fix. I see my two most every week, and it's great.

Thanks for the efforts Bob; I still hope to work out a shoutgun belt of some sort with your pattern. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Slowhand Bob

I will send you a couple of the pouch flats straight out o the clicker after I do the pouch slide, I also have a couple of envelopes for Ace and Ten Wolves here.  This will give you an exact reference on the size.  This version of the pouch will copy something I seen made by one of the big commercial makers.  Not using the the base of the T will really make cutting these much easier, only one pair of inside corners to deal with.  One other thought, most of the templates I show are actual size and on a small cramped part like this, the size can get critical quick due to pattern growth that occurs with tracing onto leather and cutting on the safe side of the line.  The cutting line has grown twice in this process and then if you get a bit of + in the leather thickness, well it will not work (without good old H2O)!!!! 

I really liked the work Freedom showed and linked another site to it right away, gives us all a bit more exposure to new eyes also.  His method of weaving cartridge loops is almost exact with mine, I normally would only use two slots per loop with a large rifle caliber cartridge or a shotshell loop.  I have seen the single rivet placed between each loop by some makers and they do have several reasons for doing so BUT I have never picked up on that except as a planned screw-up.  Always looking fer a way to use scrap pieces I have done things like taking two short pieces of loop material and overlay them on the back (with through rivet) of a project to get a double length.  Sometimes it pays into using the rivet similar to a decorative spot, a bit cheesy but I hate to throw away good end cuts of any leather!   

Marshal Will Wingam

Those make a nice match, Bob. That's a good idea for the shotgun slide. Start lining those up and your rig will look great.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com