New Projects

Started by will ghormley, February 16, 2010, 08:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will ghormley

You know Dalton, that might be a pretty good idea.

I've been having problems getting the cash together to shoot a good quality DVD.  It runnin' about four grand, plus the price of burnin' the DVDs.  That's kept me from ever coming out with the "How-To" DVDs.  It's also a problem with the new tool I've patented.  I want to show people what it can do and how to use it to get the most out of its potential.  Now you've got me off on another thought.

What if I do a series of still shots with the text to go with each of 'em. I would format that on a DVD and sell that as a "How-To".  When I read your post, I told Lauri what I was thinking.  She said, "Yeah.  How many times do you have people 'freeze-frame' a video so they can see things better?  A lot!"  Then she went on to say, "And the photos you are posting are so much clearer and more detailed than anything you can see on a DVD."

It could be formatted to run as a slideshow and could be stopped whenever you wanted to take a longer look.  You could also print off photos and take 'em to your work table to use as you worked.

Dalton, I like that idea!  (But I'm not sending you a royalty check.)   ;D

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Dalton Masterson

Dang....
PM sent on another idear.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

santee

This is great. Obviously I'll be investing in that pattern pack in the near future.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Drayton Calhoun

The stills idea is great! I keep telling myself to take 'in work' photos of projects, never seems to happen. On a dvd though, is great. Zoom in on a particular spot to clarify. These old eyes of mine need all the help they can get!
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Missouri Half Breed

Will i think DM is right the stills are top notch what more could a pard ask for outher than have ya make it for em.
M.H.B
your a daisy if you do

Marshal Will Wingam

I agree. An audio slideshow would have distinct advantages. You could even sell them on your website as a download. 8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

santee

Got paid, so the check is on the way to yuh, Will.
:)
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Arizona Cattleman

Ya know that if everyone here on this forum that can, would pre-order the pattern from Will, it would go a long way to financing the project for Will and ultimatley for all of us.  Just my observation. ;) ;)

Arizona Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Dalton Masterson

Hey Will. Your last pic didnt work, but after reading the caption, I am probably glad. I have done the same thing, and dang it hurts. Get better soon.
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

will ghormley

You know Dalton, I was thinkin' the same thing.

My computer has been givin' me fits for the last week.  My son-in-law in South Africa is a computer geek.  My daughter has been on skype with him tryin' to figure out what it is.  Now, the computer is workin' great.  If it is still runnin' this fast in the mornin' when I go to work, I'll be able to get a lot done on the web page.  As it is, I can't get a lot done with my hand, but I can still do a lot of the layout and other things to get the pattern ready.

I want to thank all of you for your support, and especially those of you who have pre-ordered the "Hand of God" pattern.  It really does take the bite out of spending two months puttin' a pattern together.

Will

Will Ghormley

Curley Cole

Dang Will

Ifn you need a decent photographer to give ya a hand, give me a call, I ain't got a job to tie me down these days...

I think yer idea has good merits...Sounds workable to me.

good luck on it.

curley

PS: I been gettin a bit of gold out of the East Fork up by me...Not much but I can honestly say I panned gold from that river. Been studin on the history up there. Finally found out where the town of EldoradoVille was. Quite a history lesson of our San Gabriel mountains.
take care cc
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Curley Cole

Dang Will

I just studied thru your series of the HOG rig. It so makes me wish I could do leather work again. It is a work of art....

just wanted to tell ya that.

curley
PS: Do you still have any of the HOG crosses available. I only have one left, and of course my silver one. The silver cross and my silver Wheat buckle are things I am really proud of...
thanks.
The Cowboys
dammit gang

will ghormley

Hey Curley Cole,

Not only do I still have a supply of "Hand of God" crucifixes, I've still got me some of your sour dough start for the next time I head for the hills after glitter.

You aught to make us up a story about Edoradoville and post it someplace here for us to read.  I love a good bit of history, and I'll tolerate a lot of bad history.  I'd love to hear some stories retold of the wild and woolly gold boomin' country!

I just got another page posted on makin' the "Hand of God" rig.  My computer is workin' a lot better now that the kids got in and messed with it.

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/MakingHOGRig.html

It covers braidin' the hammer tie-down.  Now I'll work on the skirt and get some photos up of the finished holster.

I'll be workin' on the fourth page this afternoon.

Will

Will Ghormley

Curley Cole

Will
I believe I just may do that. Tom Muley gave me a couple of books on the history of the hills and it is amazing how much stuff went on up there. In such a small spot they had a general store, small hotel, and at least 3 saloons. Story tolt in more than one article was a miner worked sweepin floors at the bigger saloon. He would run the sawdust thru his sluice box and get more gold than he could pan from his own digging. Lotta drunk miners with slippery fingers... Anyways I think I will do that.

And I will get with ya for a couple more crosses.....

keep up the good (no the great work.)
curley
The Cowboys
dammit gang

will ghormley

Hey Curley,

I love readin' the actual accounts of history.  One of my favorite stories is of how the newspapers in Colorado and New Mexico would mention Durango in its boom-town days.  They'd say, "Durango, where every bullet kills two men..."

Anyway, I just finished up with the last of my photos on the "How-To" page for the "Hand of God" rig.  That'll be it for a while.  When I have some photos of the finished rig I'll get 'em on there.

Also, if anyone has specific questions about the construction, let me know.  I may not be able to take photos to illustrate, but I can certainly answer the questions, even if I have to make up the answers.

Will

Will Ghormley

Dalton Masterson

Will, when you say you used a domer on your rivets, is it like a domed rivet setter?
Pages look good! Thank you.
Check your mailbox in 2 days.
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

This is great Will, and we sure do thank you for doing it. ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

will ghormley

Hey Dalton,

What I have is the Stohlman copper rivet setter set.  It comes with nine tools in a cast metal stand.  I got it as part of some deal I did with Tandy Leather Factory.  The come in pretty handy.

There are three sets of three tools for three different sizes of copper rivets.  Each size group had a burr set for whackin' the burr down on the post of the rivet.  Then, after the post is trimmed, there is mushroom tool for flangin' out the stub of the post over the burr to hold it all together.  Then, flip it over and the third tool domes the face of the flat rivet and make it more decorative (to my way of thinkin').

I'm sure there are other rivet setter sets out there, but that one came with a whole line of Stohlman tools at one point, and it works good enough I've kept it.

Will

Will Ghormley

will ghormley

OK Folks,

I've published the final photo of the finished "Hand of God" Rig, in the "How-To" series.  This will be the clearest picture of the rig currently on the internet.

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/MakingHOGRig.html

There ya' go!
Will

Will Ghormley

cowboy316

Will
very well done how to page cant wait for it to come out in print ill be buying it asap
great work as always this rookie loves it
Cowboy316

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com