New Projects

Started by will ghormley, February 16, 2010, 08:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton Masterson

Thanks Will! I just put a little bit of magic tape on the ends, and pulled them through. I havent done the knot yet. Its pretty tight just going through the 2 holes, so I may just leave it long and tuck it down and hide it. That leaves some adjustment in the future and for other style hammers.

I did find something similar to your lace puller at the craft store in the sewing. Its a bodkin, or something like that. It has a ball on one end, and a eye like your puller on the other. Its used to pull cordage through projects, like drawstrings and such. I just need to put this one into a nice antler handle, and I should have it!
Thanks again,
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Drayton Calhoun

Just looked though the H.O.G. instruction and only one question...are we related somehow? Did much the same thing with a skiving knife about twenty-fiive years ago. Only one thing to say...OUCH! Hope it healed up okay! As for the instruction, among the best I've ever seen. Photography clear and easy to understand, easy to read and follow. I do believe I will go for the pattern for my Uberti Bisley.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Django

Quote from: will ghormley on February 16, 2010, 08:20:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Been runnin' all day and just stopped by for a breather.  For all of you who have been persistently encouraging me to release a pattern of the "Hand of God" rig I made for Russell Crowe, I'm one step closer.  I just packaged up the recreation of Crowe's buckle from "3:10 to Yuma" and will be shippin' it to the foundry tomorrow.  Now, that particular buckle will be available when I get the pattern done.  The buckle is actually a recreation of Jesse James' buckle, I just used it on Crowe's rig too.  Now I will have them cast in greater numbers so I can part with 'em.  They should be less expensive than the Wheat Shock and Rose Bud buckles because they are lighter.  We'll see.

The other project I've been workin' on is gettin' closer to completion too, but I can't say too much about that one.  If my hunch is right, it may be the biggest improvement in leather crafting in 80 to 100 years.  I'm so excited about it, I'm actually gettin' a patent pending on it and trademarking the name.  I'll have a working proto-type within a month or so, but safeguarding the project before the marketing release is so important, I haven't said a word about it to anyone.  The last time I shared my ideas with a fellow seeking my advice, he took my ideas and started his own line of buckles!  Boy am I stupid.  But not this time.  You'll all have to wait, but I trust you won't be disappointed when the cat is finally out of the bag.

Will

Is the cat close to escaping yet Will?
Django
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

;D...................

will ghormley

Hey Django,

No, that cat hasn't clawed his way clear yet.  After spendin' money on patents, registering trade marks, and buildin' the prototypes by hand, (including one of carved elephant ivory and solid silver), I ran into a bit of trouble before I could get production started. 

My wife lost her job, my second oldest daughter, (who had been a missionary in South Africa for seven years), was being threatened with imprisonment or deportation.  (She had married a fine young South African Believer, but hadn't paid the bribes to update her visa to reflect her change in marital status.)  We spent our mortgage money and the next months grocery money to fly 'em both out.  But, my son-in-law was detained when he touched down in Chicago, (because his visa, legal in SA, wasn't legal by U.S. standards because it didn't reflect his status as married to an American).  We spent over a year paying fees and getting paperwork straightened out.  Then, we had to spend what little money we had on another plane ticket.  But, we finally got him safe, and legal, on American soil.  We are so blessed having him around!

As all this was happening, the new "Change You Can Believe In" economy has settled in to stay.  That has put a big hurt on my business, especially now with the high gas prices.  I haven't had any money to put into the production models, nor keep up on the trademark fees for the project.  I hope to get that fixed within the next week, but I still don't have any cash for development.  There are folks tryin' to get ahold of my trademark, but I hope to be able to fight 'em off.

Like so many of the things I try to do, they just cost too much money, and take too much time.  I can't afford to keep bread on the table and a roof over the kid's head and still get anywhere.  But, if this country keeps slidin' into oppressive governmental control, all this will be the least of my worries.

I don't know if I will ever get my product to market.  It is quite possible a big company will be able to make an end run, steal the concept, produce it and market as their own.  It's happened to me before.  Oh well, at least I have my God, my family, and my good name...

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Drayton Calhoun

Just goes to show that a working man always has an uphill battle just getting by. Keep the faith, Wil, the Good Lord takes care of those who do what's right.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Curley Cole

Damn Will

I am so sorry to hear..Prayers are up for you and your family.
I hope things get better for ya...

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: will ghormley on June 11, 2011, 08:35:36 PM
Hey Django,

Oh well, at least I have my God, my family, and my good name...

Will

And one large heap of friends, that will pray for you and yours and stand bye you till the bitter end.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

will ghormley

Thanks guys.  That means a lot.  However, I am quite sure whatever is planned for my hurt, God intends for my eternal benefit.  If this doesn't turn out the way I planned, I know there is a better plan in it somehow.  And, like I said, the troubles facing our nation dwarf any problems I am having.  Pray for our nation, and for American Believers to have the spine to stand up for our God and Savior.  We are suppose to be salt to keep our society from rotting away, and light in the darkness of human depravity.  If our country is goin' to hell in a handbasket, it is because the Body of Christ hasn't been salt and light.  Please pray for my family and yours, and this once great nation and the freedoms we have enjoyed.

Will

Will Ghormley

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

GunClick Rick

If i had some extra good cash i'd buy into your venture Will..Seems like the last few years a man has to fight everything around him,when ya used to be able just to get up and have a nice day...It's a dang good thing i ain't got a terminal disease,theres a few power mungers out here i'd like to bleed out ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Pappy Hayes

I will keep you in my prayers that God keeps you around for a while. I have some of your patterns and want to get some more. I just finished a couple of hosters from your 49rs pattern. I posted them on the leather forum. I did my own stamping on them. I think the next one I will try using the pattern that is done just with the carving knife. I have not been satisfied with some of my previous carvings but figured I go ahead and try.  Keep up the good work. You have been great answering some of my questions when I have sent you emails. Thank you

Drayton Calhoun

I know what you're saying, Will. I was feeling sorry for myself with the ticker problems and what not, then turns out my best friend of 35 years has terminal cancer. He's a fighter, though. He is the example I use with my grandsons when I tell them about honesty. Had planned to visit him in Las Vegas just before the 4th, but I just can't afford the plane ticket. The wife and I thought about driving out, but my doc said that was a bad idea because of my leg problems. The irony of it is, I can walk all day, I just can't sit down. But my partner, even though the cancer spread to his brain, still is positive and has faith. It's all we really have, isn't it?

GunClick Rick

I was braggin big on ya today,tellin my wife and duaghter all about the canoe you did and beaver trappin as we were watching a mountain man show on tv :) :) :) By the way you tired of my canoe yet ;D ;D ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

will ghormley

For a truth Drayton, we got nuthin' here we can take with us, only what we believe in.

Hey Rick, I'm not quite done with your dugout yet.  I may need to barrow it for a spell.  If this economy keeps headin' the way it is, I may end up livin' in it till the rivers freeze.  That'd put me closer to my catfish supper and there's no mortgage on it.

Will

Will Ghormley

Drayton Calhoun

To sorta quote Robert Redford in Jerimiah Johnson, "Eh? Trouble? What trouble?" There are really no problems, just more challenges to be faced and overcome.

GunClick Rick

Utilities may go up alot here,if they do,it's gonna be one hot summer,cuase i may just live by candle light.They are bound and determined to get my home in this town.if you see a big fire frome where your at it will be Visalia burning and i'll be holdin the match >:(
Bunch a ole scudders!

Holyman

Will,

You are a true inspiration. I just started working with leather 3 weeks ago. I wanted to make my own rig.
As it turned out a friend of mine had a outline of your HOG pattern. Just the outline. He had some leather tools said he
was never any good at it so I took all the tools and some left over leather. This is what I have done in 3 weeks.
I know its not correct to your design but I just sat down and started free handing.
Today after i finished this holster I got your complete pattern for HOG rig. i will def be making one.
Thanks for the inspiration. 
By the way I got the cross concho from tandy.

GunClick Rick

Ah rats i liked your other cross too you did on there.Bur that's darn nice anyway :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

TexasToby

Well I've looked all thru this thread and didn't see a new tool. Where did I miss it or has it not been published yet? And is the $30.00 set still for sale? I would like an update on this, please. I'm a little slow in some cases. Thanks for any info, Texas Toby
Swinging a rope is alot of fun unless, your neck is in the loop.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com