New Projects

Started by will ghormley, February 16, 2010, 08:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will ghormley

For those of you who pre-ordered the HOG patterns, they're in the mail.  Now, I've got to get started on Ringo.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Boothill Bob

Quote from: will ghormley on June 05, 2010, 11:33:44 PM
Hey Boothill Bob,

I'm not set up to take credit cards or other forms of electronic payment.  And, I haven't invaded any other countries since I got out'a the Army over seventeen years ago.  A lot of folks sighed a sigh of relief after that!  But, there is an outfit that sells my patterns that does all that payment and shipment stuff.  I'll see if we can work out a deal to get you the pattern through them.

Will

That sounds good Will, realy want that pattern. Love all the patterns that u maked. :D
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

santee

After this you should take a long break, Will. Maybe another vacation pannin' gold?
:D

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

will ghormley

Naw, I don't think so Santee.  I'm so broke I can't pay attention, let alone drive a thousand miles to poke around in the gravel for glitter.  We'll have to see what the summer brings, but if I don't return your emails, and you can't raise me on the phone, I've left for parts unknown to pitch my huntin' tent next to a spring.  I won't be leavin' before I get the Ringo Rig pattern done though.

Will

Will Ghormley

Django

Quote from: will ghormley on June 10, 2010, 02:36:44 PM
Naw, I don't think so Santee.  I'm so broke I can't pay attention, let alone drive a thousand miles to poke around in the gravel for glitter.  We'll have to see what the summer brings, but if I don't return your emails, and you can't raise me on the phone, I've left for parts unknown to pitch my huntin' tent next to a spring.  I won't be leavin' before I get the Ringo Rig pattern done though.

Will

Are you going to do another photo series and sell the pattern to to us before marketing them as you are with the HOG rig will?
Django
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

will ghormley

Hey Django,

I liked the way the "How-To" web page turned out.  I'd like to do it for the Ringo Rig too.  It adds probably a week to making of the pattern (when my old computer doesn't cooperate with the large photo files I toss around), but I think folks will be happier with the pattern when they can see the step-by-step process I go through makin' the rig.

Will

Will Ghormley

Dalton Masterson

Kid meet the candy store!

I got mine in the mail today. Thanks for the extra Will! I havent had a chance to open the pattern pack yet, but plan on it as soon as the boss leaves the office. ::) :o

Thanks again, DM

Edit: The boss left, the pattern looks great! I like the Old Vaquero designation too.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Boothill Bob

I Love the how to do page Will, It will make it much easyer to make the rig.
My friend Dick is about to send me the HOG pattern, I'm like a child on Cristmas :D

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

santee

Can't wait to check the mailbox, now!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Arizona Cattleman

Got mine today, Will thanks for the extra.  This has got to be a collectors item, I got a signed copy numbered #1.

Whoo Whoo......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

will ghormley

Yur welcome fellers.  I just wanted to do a little somethin' special for those of you who pre-ordered.  I only numbered the ones that were pre-ordered.  I couldn't figure out any fair way to do it other than first come/first served.  As I got the orders in the mail, I numbered 'em and set 'em aside till I would be mailin'. 

OH!  For those of you who got your patterns already, in the "Materials List", add 1/8" lace.  I'll add it on the rest of the pattern envelopes.  I guess it will be like the mis-struck coins.  The defective goods you guys got will be more valuable to collectors.

I've gotten so much good feedback on the "How-To" page for the HOG rig, I'll be doin' it again for the Ringo rig.  I've almost got three of the holster patterns figured out.  Because of the way the holsters are constructed, I'll only have to make eight holsters to fit the guns I usually make the patterns for.  Hopefully, that'll give me the extra space I'll need to add Ringo's spur leather, with instruction on makin' them.

Enjoy your Father's Day Weekend!
Will

Will Ghormley

Boothill Bob

Will I think that I speek for us all when I say that we Love u ;)
U have done so much for us leatherworker. If it wasent for u
then I havent worked with laether.
So, tanx pard.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Marshal Will Wingam

You're really powering on, Will. It's great to see you getting these patterns done. Your patterns are really good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

santee

It was in the mailbox when I got home. Love the pattern pack and the extra! The signed pages are terrific. Many thanks, Will. ;D
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Johnny Dingus

Will,
Got mine today after getting home from a Wild Wild West shoot.  Made my evening.  Thank you so much for the signing and the extra.  You are somone to ride the river with. 
Question,  How many bullet loops did you put on Crowe's rig?

Again thanks so much and let us know of the next one when you put it on line and are taking orders.

Johnny Dingus (Vince Williams)
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Dalton Masterson

Well, I got a set of holsters cut out and starting the carving last night. I am ready to bevel, but didnt get a chance today, and am too tired to play tonite. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow, I have a set of them ready to stitch up. The belt I started last week, using the internet instructions.
Will, your instructions are pretty good. I am trying to go step by step with them and see how it goes. Good so far.
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

JD Alan

Hey Johhny, I seem to remember you making a set of holsters after Will's design, with a bit of a drop in them. As I remember you did a real fine job.

Will, that comment about mixing dyes for the color was a big help; the Lord bless you for the help you're offering, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dalton Masterson

Heres my progress so far! I am going to remake my loops, as I got my border cut in too far, throwing off the rest of it, and I need to stamp the skirt yet. Then I will probably use walnut dye and some antiquing to see what happens.
Great pattern Will.
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

santee

nice so far, Dalton!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Looking good Dalton ::) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com