New Projects

Started by will ghormley, February 16, 2010, 08:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will ghormley

Hey Guys,

Been runnin' all day and just stopped by for a breather.  For all of you who have been persistently encouraging me to release a pattern of the "Hand of God" rig I made for Russell Crowe, I'm one step closer.  I just packaged up the recreation of Crowe's buckle from "3:10 to Yuma" and will be shippin' it to the foundry tomorrow.  Now, that particular buckle will be available when I get the pattern done.  The buckle is actually a recreation of Jesse James' buckle, I just used it on Crowe's rig too.  Now I will have them cast in greater numbers so I can part with 'em.  They should be less expensive than the Wheat Shock and Rose Bud buckles because they are lighter.  We'll see.

The other project I've been workin' on is gettin' closer to completion too, but I can't say too much about that one.  If my hunch is right, it may be the biggest improvement in leather crafting in 80 to 100 years.  I'm so excited about it, I'm actually gettin' a patent pending on it and trademarking the name.  I'll have a working proto-type within a month or so, but safeguarding the project before the marketing release is so important, I haven't said a word about it to anyone.  The last time I shared my ideas with a fellow seeking my advice, he took my ideas and started his own line of buckles!  Boy am I stupid.  But not this time.  You'll all have to wait, but I trust you won't be disappointed when the cat is finally out of the bag.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Gun Butcher

Hey Will, its good to hear from you. I will be mighty interested in those buckles when you get them in stock. Be sure and let us know.

I don't blame you a bit on being quiet about your new deal. A man has to keep a few secrets ;) ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

JD Alan

Hi Will, it's good to see you posting. You've succeeded in amping up the curiosity part of my brain. Frankly if anyone besides you made a statement like that, with the exception of Chuck Burrows or WC (I'm a big WC fan) I would take it with a grain or two of salt

But considering who is making the statement, well I am certainly looking forward to seeing what you are going to introduce to us. I agree with Gun Butcher, you cannot be too careful.

God bless, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

It's good to hear from you Will, I'm happy things are going well for you, that new pattern and the new buckles sound great, can't wait to see this. make sure you post them when you get your patent all together, let us know to go to your web site.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

AHHH HAH! Leather covered hand carved canoes :) :) :)

I was wonderin where you am~~~
Bunch a ole scudders!

MontanaSlick

I spoke of Will and here he is, I use a lot of yer patterns Will and cant wait ta see yer new project.

Ms.

will ghormley

Yeah, sorry I'm not around much.  There's just so much to get done and so little time.  And, time's runnin' out.  I'm already middle aged, (if I can make it to 102 that is).

As for hypin' the new product, some will love it, some will hate it, and it will make leather craftin' a whole new adventure for some folks.  I know it has completely changed the way I view the leather projects I face.  Can't say much more than that, but for many of us, this product is long overdue.

Will

Will Ghormley

Slowhand Bob

Wil, you have me chomping at the bits Wil.  Of all the techniques I have seen through the years used by pros, few were consistent among them and all had more than a little to contribute.   So you are 51 eh, still just a pup by some standards my friend.  The way I see this thing, with all the new medical breakthroughs we should be good for at least 120yrs and by that time they should have reversed the process and headed us back the other way!!!!

will ghormley

Hey Bob,

I've heared tell and read in the Good Book, that 120 is a reasonable age to shoot for.  I don't know that I want to live that long though.  If I can't do the things I enjoy in this life, I'd just as soon cross on over and start workin' on eternity with a new outfit.

Anyway, I've got a defective heart that could quit any time it wants.  My wife makes me take the phone with me whenever I head out for the woods with the little boys.  That way, if I drop dead, they can call home and have her come pick 'em up.  But, I figure I'll live till God is done with me and then this life and its struggles will end.  Until He's done with me though, I figure I'm invincible.  It's worked so far and I still have a lot to contribute, in many ways.  So, I don't reckon on goin' anywhere soon.

Will

Will Ghormley

Dalton Masterson

Good to hear from ya Will!!!
Cant wait for the new buckles, and am really curious about the new project. Be sure to let us know!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

outrider

From all these relpies...I can see we are all excited about what he has up his sleeve....me included.. :D ;D ;D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Arizona Cattleman

Will, I own every pattern of yours I can get my hands on.  Just finished your scabbard pattern and loved the results.  Thanks and am looking forward to "The Hand Of God"  pattern.  Thanks for your contributions to leather and western history.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

will ghormley

I just hope I can live up to it and not let you guys down.
Will

Will Ghormley

MontanaSlick

Will,I'm working on the Canyon holster, haven't done any tooling in many moons.
Yer instructions are very clear and helpfull, I'm starting on it tomorrow.

I've made several holsters using that pattern

Thanks Will, looking fer yer new project.

Slick

will ghormley

Thanks for keepin' me in business Slick!
Will

Will Ghormley

outrider

Let us down??????   :o  Have you ever let us down???  I think not.  Your more of an inspiration. ;D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: outrider on February 18, 2010, 07:37:56 AM
Let us down??????   :o  Have you ever let us down???  I think not.  Your more of an inspiration. ;D

DITTO  ;D ;D

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Good to see you on again, Will. I'm really looking forward to hearing what your new idea is. After it's all done and said, be sure to post about it for us.

Be sure to post a rig with your new buckle, too. It'll be a good one, for sure.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Missouri Half Breed

Howdy Will got that black cayon rig done turned out perty good i sent you those photos of it in your web sight went with the morgens and the libirty in the holster strap with the rivets .good to see you hear been taken your advice and pratace pratace posted some of my work hear theys guys are great and give a lot of suport love your work and keep it up ( but wanting you to releace a charley prince pattern rig though )
Missouri Half Breed
brother in arms
your a daisy if you do

MontanaSlick

HB, where's the pik. we want to see the pik.

I'm working on the black canyon pattern HB, just started it today. Carving aint my best hobby but I want to do it

MS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com