NCOWS Convention 2010

Started by Marshal'ette Halloway, February 15, 2010, 09:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

I forgot to mention that the Marshall and Marshallette are in attendance at the Convention.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Dutch Limbach

Quote from: Dr. Bob on March 19, 2010, 11:37:51 PM
That was my implication!!  ::)  :o  ::)  ;D

Dr. Bob, a lover of the classics!

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 20, 2010, 05:20:25 AM
Dutch, On that same note, Don't ever go to a chicken processing plant. I saw Peevine at supper last night. I hadn't seen him since the SW Regionals held in Texas last November.

My grandmother said you don't want to see cottage cheese being made either. If you see Pee today ask him how much my "coaching" has helped his shooting.  ;D
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Delmonico

I can think of a lot of things you would not want to seen made.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

Dutch, My Buddy, Dave Hollingsworth, has really been giving Pee a bad tikme at the Convention. I only wish that I could shoot half as good as Pee does.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Dutch Limbach

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 21, 2010, 05:18:48 AM
Dutch, My Buddy, Dave Hollingsworth, has really been giving Pee a bad tikme at the Convention. I only wish that I could shoot half as good as Pee does.

If we didn't give Pee a hard time he would think we were mad at him. And if he didn't give us a hard time we would think the same. You're right about him too, he's a pretty good shooter. (Just don't tell him I said so. He'll get the big head!)
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Texas Lawdog

Dutch, I know that all the members appreciate the fact that your are offering your services to help fix the web issues that have occured.

Dutch Limbach

Thanks, I enjoy doing that sort of thing. Also, ongoing medical issues have prevented me from participating at shoots for the past couple of years, so it gives me a way of making a contribution to the group.
-- G. K. Chesterton

-- Stephen King

St. George

Done flying for a bit.

It's early evening here.

Hope you all had a good Convention, and were able to pick up the odd goodie for your Impression and for your enjoyment, and I hope your arms are sore from shakin' hands...

Wish I was able to attend.

Remember - Ride for the Brand!

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Will Ketchum

Joan and I got home about an hour ago.  It was an uneventful drive home... for once ;D.  We had a great time and it was great meeting some more of our Texas members.  I'll add more on the Whiskey Tasters Thread. 

I didn't buy a thing, which is strange for me.  I did seel a couple things which is even stranger 8)

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Pancho Peacemaker

Just got home from my day of planes, trains, & automobiles.

I must declare:  I did enjoy the 2010 NCOWS Convention.  Fellowship was abundant.  Old friends were reunited and many new friends were made.  I was honored to be a part of the 32nd Congress.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Dr. Bob

I had a GRAND time at the Convention.  Gave 2 seminars that were well attended and fun to do.  Books helped with the one on The Gentleman's Kit on the Frontier.  We had a great dinner at the Golden Ox [in the old Kansas City stockyards] on Thursday!  Texas Lawdog, Ol' Gabe and his partner rode with me and the conversation was great!  Friday & Saturday were great in the Convention hall and snowy outside.  Weather man tonight said we had 9"! :'( :P :o >:(  The Banquet and Ball were grand as usual and the Ladies Tea was well attended and the report was that all had a good time.  They had a presentation on Annie Oakley by the Senior Curator of the NRA Museum.  3 of Annie's guns were on exhibit for the entire convention!  ;D  Got packed up and took Texas Lawdog back to the airport for his flight home and came on home and took a much needed 2 hour nap.  Boy howdy, we know how to party!!! ::) ;D ::) :D ::) ;D ::)

If you missed this years Convention, y'all come next year.  The date will be announced soon!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

River City John

Thank you Dr. Bob, for your efforts!

Always a treat to dicker with you for your well chosen period artifacts! ;D ;D

Another fine NCOWS Convention!
RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Texas Lawdog

I want to express my appreciation to Dr. Bob for picking me up and taking me back to the KC airport and tkaing us to the Golden OX on Thursday night. I really enjoyed myself and got to meet a bunch of NCOWS folks, including the Marshall and Marshallette. I also want to thank the members of Hiram's Rangers in attendance, for making a Brother Mason from Texas feel welcome.  I am looking forward to next year already.

Mogorilla

I thoroughly enjoyed it as well.  Even with my awful head cold (I made sure I was past contagious before going, but still felt horrible).    I bought a few items and even cracked open the wallet and finally made it official, joining NCOWS.   It was a great time.

Texas Lawdog

Mogorilla, I was glad to meet you in person at the Convention and congratulaions of becoming a member of NCOWS.

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy Pards
I had a GREAT time at the Convention . I enjoyed the seminars , and visiting with friends , and sampling a few new drinks . Hope everyone is home safe . Hope I can make the Convention next year it really is a good time and worth the trip if you haven't attended .

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Rowdy Fulcher on March 22, 2010, 07:35:37 PM
Howdy Pards
I had a GREAT time at the Convention . I enjoyed the seminars , and visiting with friends , and sampling a few new drinks . Hope everyone is home safe . Hope I can make the Convention next year it really is a good time and worth the trip if you haven't attended .

And I will always enjoy the look on your face after sipping the white tequila!
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Will Ketchum

Quote from: Pancho Peacemaker on March 22, 2010, 07:55:40 PM
And I will always enjoy the look on your face after sipping the white tequila!

So Pancho, was that white one a ringer you threw in to see if we had good taste, or wasit suppose to be a on a parr with the other 2?

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Will Ketchum on March 22, 2010, 10:36:32 PM
So Pancho, was that white one a ringer you threw in to see if we had good taste, or wasit suppose to be a on a parr with the other 2?

Will Ketchum

Actually, the white one is my favorite.  It has more of a bite.  The reposada and anejo seem to be more popular with everybody as they have a more smooth taste to them.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com