Need a 515 350T Rapine mould

Started by Doc O, February 08, 2010, 12:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc O

I also posted this on the '76 board.
Tried to call Mr. Rapine this morning and the phone had been shut off.
Maybe he retired. Just talked to him 3 weeks ago. And he never said any thing
about retiring.

Anyway I need a 515 350T mould.
If anyone has one there willing to give up I'll buy it. Just give me a PM.

Thanks
Doc

Perry Owens

Dave at CH Tool and Die told me Rapine was closing down and only honoring existing orders. I have had one of his 520375 Spencer moulds on order, paid in advance, since October 9th last.

Trailrider

It's a shame to hear that Ray is shutting down, but then we all are getting older.  He made me several custom moulds for .56-56 Spencer about 25 years ago, when I was experimenting with an original M1860 Carbine.  Still have 'em.

Best to Ray!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Doc O

Grogan

I think that is the mould I have that came with my previously owned Spencer replica? 

In fact I just got it out the other day and finally got around to casting ~20# of bullets.

Since there's no Top Punch for my Lubrisizer, I went online to NEI's website and found a .50 Cal. bullet with a similar nose shape and ordered a Top Punch from them.

I hope this works out o.k.?

Hopefully SOON I'll be able to load up some ctg.s for it and get it out to the range and see how my Spencer works?
Regards,
Grogan, SASS #3584

Frontiersman: The only category where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s. -Canada Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com