pancake holster

Started by cowboy316, February 05, 2010, 03:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy316

howdy pards
just wanted to show a pic of the holster that Mr Outrider so kindly sent me the pattern for im greatful
and i think it turned out well hats off to you Outrider thanks
enjoy
Cowboy316

Marshal Will Wingam

Cowboy, that looks really good. I like the design on it, too. Very nice work. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

larrupin

Cowboy,

That not only looks great but also looks comfortable, secure and functional.

Nice work.

If it is alright I would love to have that pattern myself.
Let me know.

Take care,

Larrupin

Gun Butcher

Another nice one Cowboy. if you keep turning them out so quick we are gonna start calling you Kid JR.  ;) ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

outrider

CB,

Boy that was quick.  Hey...it looks good, but on the next one tighten up on the stitching on the trigger guard side so that the barrel does not stick out of the end of the holster.  Lay the bluegun on the pattern and redraw that stitch line...remember that the front half of the pattern is 1/2" larger than the back half.  Also, when I do a pancake I always put the slots in before I sew it together...line up the slots while gluing, then adjust the mainseam (trim or sand) before you sew the main seams.

It take a little practice...but overall you did one fine job with it.. ;) :D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

Cowboy,

Here is a picture of a pancake for a S&W Sigma.  The same basic pattern was used but modified for the Sigma.  Usually when I modify....the modifications are to the overall length of the holster and to the stitch line that forms around the trigger guard.  I will take the main pattern...trace it out on a piece of paper then re-draw it to fit the paticular gun I am making the holster for.....once I have it the way I want it I then make a new pattern template for that gun.  You also have to make sure that the thumb snap strap aligns with the slide properly.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Dalton Masterson

Very good work, Tim. It looks really nice!

Outriders patterns are top notch. I have only made one of the pancakes, and NOONE here is gonna see it either. I got it buried deep in the backyard under the flower bed. I made it really ugly with a basketweave from the South end of Hades. ::)

One of these days I will make another one tho.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Dr. Bob

Dang there C316,  read this topic and ya got me all hungry!  Great looking holster BTW!!  ::)  ;D  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Wiley Desperado

316 and outrider those are some mighty fine pancakes pards.  I happen to like that old flap jack style also, still a real good functional holster design.  I'll share one with you this was made for a NM Vaquero 45 cal. 5.5 inch barrel.  Hope you like it. ;D
Wiley

Ned Buckshot

Very Nice WD!!

It's fun to give old style guns a new purpose in life!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Gun Butcher

Wiley, you old scoudrel, here you are trying to sneak that good looking piece in the back door. I like it. That carving really looks first rate Pard.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work Wiley, cool looking holster, and your carving sets it off very nicely, Thanks for sharing.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

outrider

Wiley,

That is one nice holster...
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Wiley Desperado

Ned, GB, TW, and Outrider thanks for the kind remarks pards glad y'all like that ol flap jack holster.
WD ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

More outstanding pancakes, pards. Thanks for the pics, Outrider, Wiley.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

WD
That's a good lookin holster.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Kid Terico

Wiley almost missed it. Great looking holster. Nice carving and color. KT

Wiley Desperado

Marshall, WC, KT thanks pards.
WD ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk