Western SXS ?

Started by Grizzly Adams, January 31, 2010, 07:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly Adams

Picked up a Western SXS Shotgun - price was right ;D.  

Receiver is marked "Western" made by Miruiku.  Sold by Wards as a model 325 EMJ.  Anyone had any experience with one of these?

Looking for a replacement butt stock.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Grizzly Adams

Hmmmmmm.........No one seems to have seen one of these. :-\  Maybe I have a rare collector's model!?? :D
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
GAF

Delmonico

I think it was sold under other names, I think the Browning SxS and the SKB were the same gun, not 100% sure, but it kinda sticks in my mind they were.

BTW Wards at one time sold a nice bolt action rifle under there name, if you find a Wards bolt action high-power rifle cheap look it over good, could be FN's improved 98 Mauser. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Grizzly Adams

Thanks for the reply, Del!  I had forgotten that Miruku made the BSS for Browning.  I did not know there was a connection with SKB.

FWIW, this is a heck of a well made little SXS. :) 
GAF

Delmonico

Quote from: Grizzly Adams on February 08, 2010, 07:13:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, Del!  I had forgotten that Miruku made the BSS for Browning.  I did not know there was a connection with SKB.

FWIW, this is a heck of a well made little SXS. :) 

Like I said, it's been a while, but it sure seems like the SKB side by side was the same as the Browning or at least one of the SKB's. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Goody

Miruku and SKB are competitors. Miruku made, among many other things, the BSS for Browning. SKB made the Ithaca that was imported in the 60's and 70's. Two very different guns.

Delmonico

Quote from: Goody on February 08, 2010, 07:32:28 PM
Miruku and SKB are competitors. Miruku made, among many other things, the BSS for Browning. SKB made the Ithaca that was imported in the 60's and 70's. Two very different guns.

Thanks, that jogged some rust loose, you are right now that I think of it.  The SKB was also made in Japan if I remember right, it had that horrible day glow orange bead on it.  Swapped guns one day with a firend to try each others.  Could not warm up to the single trigger and that sight.  Made him give my my 870 28 gauge skeet gun back after walking the first field. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Deadeye Dick

Back in the late 60's I had a SKB Ithaca 20 ga, 26" barrel, over and under with that "horrible day glow orange bead" on it. Loved it, what a great bobwhite quail gun. Traded it to my brother for a Browning Citori 12 ga. Big mistake that I've regretted ever since.
Deadeye Dick
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Grizzly Adams

Here are some pics of said Shotgun. :)

GAF

Deadeye Dick

GA,
Nice looking shotgun. Looks like a keeper.
Deadeye Dick

Delmonico

Quote from: Deadeye Dick on February 10, 2010, 10:19:51 AM
Back in the late 60's I had a SKB Ithaca 20 ga, 26" barrel, over and under with that "horrible day glow orange bead" on it. Loved it, what a great bobwhite quail gun. Traded it to my brother for a Browning Citori 12 ga. Big mistake that I've regretted ever since.
Deadeye Dick

I know some folks like that type sight but it don't work for me at all, I like a white bead about an 1/8th inch around with a small silver center bead.  And I swore I never noticed the center bead, but when I lost it on my modified barrel on said 28 gauge the doves were a lot safer.

Dick, between you and me, I've found out it's a lot easier to learn to shoot any old rifle than it is to shoot just any old shotgun.  Found my true love 33 years ago, and I still hate pumps guns, except I shoot so good with that one. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Deadeye Dick

Del,
Yea I hear ya. My first shotgun was a 12 ga. Remington, Wingmaster that my dad handed down to me. I've had at least six Wingmaster's since and am extremely fond of them. They just point and shoot well. I'd get rid of one thinking I'd like something else better and then go back to them again because I didn't like what I thought would.  
Deadeye Dick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com