Reduced power main spring for new model army

Started by MOSQUITO JACK, January 30, 2010, 01:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOSQUITO JACK

Hi Guys
    I saw on another post someone mentioned reduced ower main spring for Uberti 1858. Where do you get?? I think my older set of pistols has a set. They are sliver instead of black, and are smoother.

Jack
NRA
ZOOT 97
SASS #19425
R.A.T.S. 362
R.O.W.S.S. #28
Sgt. U.S. Army 1975-1979
54th Med Det.(RA) Ft Lewis Wa.

reloader4410

VTI sells one, but it  will only work on converson cylinders,to light for a cap & ball cylinders you have to call & ask about it as its not on there web site.brownells sells a wolf spring, its hollowed out in the middle. Hope this helps.

Slowhand Bob

It may be a hit or miss proposition(???) but I have the VTI reduced springs in a pair of '58s that have been totally reliable for cap and ball.  Though much better than received new, mine are still a bit heavy when compared to my Colt style Clones that have been gun smithed.  YMMV being the guide.

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Slowhand Bob on January 30, 2010, 09:37:45 AM
It may be a hit or miss proposition(???) but I have the VTI reduced springs in a pair of '58s that have been totally reliable for cap and ball.  Though much better than received new, mine are still a bit heavy when compared to my Colt style Clones that have been gun smithed.  YMMV being the guide.

My experience is that EMF's reduced-power springs for the 1875/1890 Remington work very well in Uberti '58s, and somewhat less well in Pietta '58s.   I've used them in two '75s and 4 Uberti '58s, where they made a significant difference.  I also used them in a pair of Pietta '58s, where they improved things, but not as much as in the Ubertis.  In the '58s I also use conversion cylinders though, so I have no information to share on how well the lightened springs work with percussion caps.

-- Nighteyes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com