just started

Started by Missouri Half Breed, January 26, 2010, 10:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missouri Half Breed

Ive just got started making holsters and compleat rigs there not as good as a lot of what i see posted but i thought id see if i can get some tips from you pros. all comments are welcome.
your a daisy if you do

Missouri Half Breed

forgot one
your a daisy if you do

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, MHB. You're getting the hang of it. That black rig with the concho and spots looks really clean. The skirted holster is good, too. For my taste, I'd put a little more skirt at the top but that's just preference. Good work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Kid Terico

MHB rigs are looking good. The only thing I can say to get better just keep practicing, at least thats what I do. KT

Johnny McCrae

Howdy MHB,
Well I'd say you have a great start. That is a real nice variety of Leather work you have done there. As KT said, just keep practicing. We look forward to seeing your future projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

cowboywc

Howdy MHB
Keep it up, you're doing fine.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Dave Cole

Can't agree with my pards more, looks good and just keep at it.Dave  ;D

JD Alan

Boy, for just starting you're doing a bang up job. Thanks for sharing your work, keep it up! JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Missouri Half Breed

This is my first time designing a holster from drawing it out on papper without a pattern and its a auto at that i made it for a young man at work. i dont like autos as it goes except for the 1911 but at least it pays for my leather to make cowboy holsters
your a daisy if you do

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice MHB, you have talent, this 1911 holster is a dandy, keep up the good work pard, we'll be looking forward to your next project,

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

outrider

That auto holster looks really great..keep at it...practice makes perfect...so they say...welcome aboad MH Breed
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Tricky Trina

Looking good, Bro..... can't wait ta git out yonder ta see y'all and FINALLY git ta shoot wid ya!  Is there somewhere out there MM and I can practice some long range before we go to Land Run?
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Missouri Half Breed

tricky Trina yes there is a rifle range we can use
your a daisy if you do

Wiley Desperado

Howdy MHB, very nicely done gun leather there cowboy stay with it you've certainly got talent.  HMMMM "just started" I ran into a guy in a pool hall back in the 60's used that line relieved me of twenty dollars as I recall.  ;) :D ;D Easy now don't go slappin leather... just kidding!

Wiley  ;D

MontanaSlick

MHB, do I see hand stitching on yer leather? Mighty fine leather ya did up Pard.

We want to see more.

Ah, my leather back order just came in, it's back to Fun Time.

Had to re-work my Blackbeauty rig, been 5 yrs. since I made it. Not bragging but I lost some weight and had to take it in a few inches. It's still looking like new yet, and yes I do use it.

First place on the bottom Slick ;D

Missouri Half Breed

Yes sir i sew everything by hand dont own one of those new fangled machines, thanks to Missouri Marshal i got one of those wheels to make stitching marks so when i make holes they finley come out right. before i was trying to match with a ruler boy was that a job. (no kidding)
your a daisy if you do

Slowhand Bob

I really like your work and actually disagree with the Marshall on the skirts.  Due to the fact that carving and stamping are weak points for me I like to keep the extra expanse down as much as possible, if it shows it needs ornamentation!

MontanaSlick

Quote from: Missouri Half Breed on January 28, 2010, 12:21:20 AM
Yes sir i sew everything by hand dont own one of those new fangled machines, thanks to Missouri Marshal i got one of those wheels to make stitching marks so when i make holes they finley come out right. before i was trying to match with a ruler boy was that a job. (no kidding)

Keep on a hand stitching Pard, it's the cowboy way, a horse kin only haul so much ya know.

TV? I bet ya do fast draw at the scene changes. Works for me, with a thick carpet. :)

MS

Missouri Half Breed

MS you been watchen me Ha you know it i pratcice fast draw in the mirror all the time i used to be perty dam fast (not braggen) well guse just a little, but i quit kocken out of the holster due to shooting the side out of  my boot i now have it out pointerd and down range before fan firing yea i know its not allowed in the matches. but ive been reading on the foeum about a few pards that are shooting from the hip one of you range rros tell me is that alowed caus i can hit from the hip ive done it for yrs, the say they call it outlaw style is it sass leagle????
your a daisy if you do

Slowhand Bob

I have not seen it done in years but have seen where some are wanting it to be offered as a separate class.  Years ago it used to be written into stages occasionally as a requirement.  Unless I have missed a rules change it is allowed BUT as you have pointed out, it does offer a bit more opportunity for the unpracticed to make a dangerous mistake. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com