Total frustration

Started by amin ledbetter, January 19, 2010, 09:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amin ledbetter

Well I am at my wits end. I have reached the point of frustration to where I am ready to explode. Here is the story as to why! >:(

My wonderful wife ordered me a gun belt kit ,and a left and right side Cheyenne holster kit for 5 3/4 inch barreled guns from Tandy leather for Christmas. They were all three ordered on December the 8th. I received the belt kit, and the right hand holster about 8 days later. The left side, being a special order, was back ordered. No big deal. They said I would have it by Christmas. Christmas came and went and no holster. I contacted the local store the items shipped from and they said they had four coming from the warehouse and they would have them by January 8th. That was fine. That meant that it would ship out Monday or Tuesday of the following week and I would have it the following day. Again no big deal. Well Wednesday came and went and no holster. So I called the store early on Thursday and they told me they got four more right hand holster in no lefts. I asked if they could send me a piece of 8oz leather and I would just cut my own, as I already had the right one to use as a pattern. They said that was fine. I then ordered a number 2 edge beveler and a slicker. I expected to have a pending transaction on my card sometime Friday for the tools I ordered. ( The holster kit was already paid for ) That never happened. Called the main branch in Texas on Friday evening and concluded this entire ordeal to them and they tell me they have the left hand holster kits in two of the stores in Texas. Said they would ship it two day express. Got the package today and opened it and it is for the 7 1/2 inch barrel gun. ( It left a handed one though! ) I have been waiting for well over a month to get this other holster! And there is still no sign of my edge beveling tool and slicker I ordered and still no pending charge on my credit card. Should I waist more time and see if Tandy can straighten this out, or should I go somewhere else and purchase leather to make my own? What would you all do!

Thanks for lettin me rant fellas!

Kid Terico

Cant you cut the 71/2 down to a 51/2? KT

FEATHERS

G'Day A.L. Why not order enough leather & use your 5 3/4 pattern to make a left then use your 7 1/2 pattern to make a right.You could sell the 7 1/2 pair to recoup the cost of the leather.Feathers  ;D ;D ;D

GunClick Rick

Now ya see,they kill the cow,send it to Chiny,skin it at the tallow mill,from there it goes to Panama where it is shoved in with all kind of other junk in a sea train and ends up back here wrong.The first thing they did wrong was sent the cow that was on the right side of the fence,those are for right handed stuff.....Ain't it wunnerfull,i feel your pain... ???
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dalton Masterson

Feathers actually has a great idea. Use what you have to make patterns for the left sides, then sell off the one you dont want.

BUT, make sure that Tandy treats you right...... I have never had any problem with them on anything.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

WaddWatsonEllis

As a wood butcher of some years, I can identify with this situation somewhat.

I have found that when I am this frustrated is exactly when I start cutting corners and trying to force things to work or fit.

Again, very bad experiences have shown me that it is far better to just close the door and make a large decaf coffee and a snifter of brandy beside it. Then let it go and let the brandy relax you so you can sleep.

In the morning, the problem will still be there, but it will be a brand new day with brand new options ....

As a suggestion, I would call the manager of the shipping department and give him your history of un-customer service. I would also get his email, and cut and paste your first post on this thread onto an email addressed to him, explaining that this is a national website for CAS and SASS leatherworkers, and will probably reach thousands of people who will then know not to order from Tandy. I am guessing that you will get not a little attention from this, and they should do their best to make it right with you ....

But I would make sure that I was talking to a manager (Get his name, and include his name and extension # in the email).

My guess is that they will 'flag' your account and treat you with kid gloves in any future order ...

Best of luck!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Dave Cole

I have to agree with what's been said, stay on them and keep going higher till you get it settled.I have had several problems with orders from them, most recently about two weeks ago where I was over-charged by about $125. A call the next day got it cleared up, but you have to stay on them, and they will fix it.I have had great service from Tandy for many years, but they do make mistakes, and every order I get is checked.Good luck pard.Dave :)

Dave Cole

I had placed another order Monday, got it  today and recieved the wrong size lace.I called them and they are sending out the right stuff and told me to keep the other at no cost, due to thier mistake.That's what I call good customer service.Dave  :)

amin ledbetter

Well I talked to Jim, the Customer Service Manager, at Tandy Leathers Corp. Office. I explained the situation and he has me the correct Holster kit on UPS second day air as I am typing this. He told me to keep the other holster as it was economically viable to ship it back to Tandy. So I guess I no have an excuse to go buy another pistol.  ;D I am glad I calmed down and posted this before calling them today. Thanks for all the advice fellas! As always, you have all been a huge help. I did forget to mention the tools I had ordered to him. But it's not like they had been paid for yet. Might try and find them locally first. Thanks again Pards!

WaddWatsonEllis

Amin,

Keep us apprised with the situation; inquiring minds want to know *S*

Seriously, I hope you get it straightened out and let us know how it turns out ...

Best wishes!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

amin ledbetter

I just got home from a Lodge meeting and my Holster made it here finally! It is the correct left side holster. I actually laid out the design for the tooling last night that I am going to put on them. I hope to get started on the tooling this weekend.Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.

WaddWatsonEllis

Great!

Glad you got the desired outcome out of this ... now keep us in pics as you go along ...

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com