How many

Started by GunClick Rick, January 18, 2010, 11:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

Lefties here doin leather???
Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D ;D ;D   Ten Wolves is a lefty all the way, I couldn't do leather craft any other way. ;D ;D I'm also left eye dominate. ::) :o 8) I can shoot my sixguns right and left handed, rifle left handed, shoot a bow and arrow right handed, and play guitar right handed, write and eat with left hand,  ??? ::)
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dalton Masterson

I started out life as a lefty, but mom taught me to throw a baseball as a righty. So I am mostly righty now, with a lot of lefty thrown in. I used to be able to hit the baseball either as a righty or lefty, and can shoot with both hands, but am right eye dominant.  My leather work is mainly a right hand occupation. depending on the job.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Kid Terico

I started out right handed and short. I,m still right handed but have gotten shorter with age.  :D ;D ;D KT

Skeeter Lewis

I do leatherwork left-handed. I shoot a  revolver left-handed but a rifle right-handed.

northwestgrizzly

Lets see..... I shoot long gun right handed and shoot naturally single gun either hand....I use a knife left handed.....two-handed sword lefty and single sword right handed (long story there) and write and craft left handed.

Im so confused at times.  :-\
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

cowboywc

Howdy All
I am right handed. A few years ago I had a pain in the butt student who was a lefty. He kept using that as an excuse. He'd say you guys don't understand what we go through.
After a month or so of this, one night in class I picked up my swivel knife in my left hand and carved the pattern he was also doing. (my left hand had never even held the knife). Then I went to tooling it left handed.
Here is a pix of the same pattern carved both left and right. I was shocked........
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Reverend

I started out in life a lefty, But My Daddy said there won't be any Southpaws in this family. I can write pretty good lefthanded stiil, I shoot both ways. I usually work my left hand first. But use till kill them when I would bat right handed Then switch late in the games to left handed. ;D

Rev

You all Know its a Fact That left handed people are more intelligent . ::)
Sass 57116 L
Territorial Gov.
Tulsey Town Cattlemens Assoc.
NRA
GOFWG #215
ROI
ROII

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: cowboywc on January 18, 2010, 02:08:59 PM
Howdy All
I am right handed. A few years ago I had a pain in the butt student who was a lefty. He kept using that as an excuse. He'd say you guys don't understand what we go through.
After a month or so of this, one night in class I picked up my swivel knife in my left hand and carved the pattern he was also doing. (my left hand had never even held the knife). Then I went to tooling it left handed.
Here is a pix of the same pattern carved both left and right. I was shocked........
WC

WC, it's like you told me when I was going through all the pain I was in my left hand, "quote"  you can use either hand if you put your mind to it. And that's what got me over to give it a try, for over a year I had to use my right hand in conjunction with my left hand, but I made it work, not fast my any means, but I got it done none the less, I guess you just have to have faith that you can do it, and just jump in, I've worked with a few pards that could handle any task with either hand, for me that was amazing to watch, what a gift to have.

tEN wOLVES   ;):D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

FEATHERS

G'Day Rick,I'm a lefty as well,I have a few tools that are made for lefties,leather shears,ruler(zero is at the right) I know a guy that is a lefty & he's a sign writer, paints his lettering backwards.we had ink wells at school that I used to smudge my writing,I learnt to tilt the page so my writing runs uphill.Feathers

Arizona Cattleman

I fell so LEFT out.  Been a righty all my life, can't do anything with my left hand, foot, eye, etc.  I must be a freake in the leather crafting world.  Soooo Lonley..........

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

GunClick Rick

Amazing.when 316 said he was it got me to thinkin,there is a chance for me as i am a righty and so is AC so i'm not totally doomed..There is hope...that's epoh for you lefties... ;D

My brother is left handed and i remember him telling me  smearing his signature with a pen..Now if a lefty makes carved leather am i seeing it right???? :( And you do know that what you see in the mirror is backwards..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

WC I cant beleave u did that left handed . Its great. I can only carve RH. After looking at yours I went to try it LH and no way possible. Thats talent.  ;) KT

Curley Cole

I "thought" I waz a lefty all my life. My grandma and the Nuns made me be  a righty. I still did everything but eat and write (and carve leather) lefty. I watched lefthand people...then one day about 10 years ago while on the pistol range, I took my BHP and shot a mag left handed...well, I do most things left handed now..(confuzes the hell outta OLd Top).
I have a problem shooting long gunz lefty, because that same gamma didn't make me wear the patch, so I have a lazy left eye.

If you really want to test yer skills tape two papers down...take pen/pencil in hands and write yer name AT THE SAME time.

now,

try the same test, but write it mirror image..(foward with right backwards with the left) AT THE SAME TIME.

let us know how that test works out...
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

cowboywc

Quote from: Kid Terico on January 18, 2010, 07:23:25 PM
WC I cant beleave u did that left handed . Its great. I can only carve RH. After looking at yours I went to try it LH and no way possible. Thats talent.  ;) KT

Can you tell which one I did left handed?
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

FEATHERS

WC,Im gunna say the one on the right ;D ;D ;D Feathers

outrider

Righty here all the way
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

knucklehead

im a  lefty also, but im right eye dominent.
very few things i do right handed, shoot right handed, thow a ball right handed. i skin a deer left or right handed.
but 95% of everything i do is left handed.
some people tend to use being left handed as a excuse. but you just gotta learn to adjust to what people are teaching you.

it was great in basic training, drill sgts would call out all right left handed people over here. they sure didnt think it was funny when i explained that i was left handed but shot right hand. 
was fun having something to confuse them with.
I'M #330 DIRTY RAT.

Kid Terico

WC I would say the one on the left. KT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com