Buckles! Where on Earth do I find buckles?

Started by Stophel, January 17, 2010, 06:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stophel

Where can I find buckles?  Who has them?  It seems next to impossible to find belt buckles, particularly in larger sizes (like 2" or 2 1/4").  Tandy's selection has dwindled to almost nothing, and searching the internet yields no more different buckles than that.  Know of any suppliers that have any selection of belt buckles????
The quickest reload is a second gun!

www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks                                                                                       
Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

GunClick Rick

You want buckles already made?Or to do leather crafting.

http://www.rubylane.com   

type buckles in the saerch area..
Bunch a ole scudders!

FEATHERS

G'Day,Take a look at  http://www.bealscowboybuckles.com  Feathers

Stophel

I just want ordinary brass buckles.  Heavy brass buckles big enough for a pistol belt.  Plain square buckles, "California" clipped buckles, heel bar buckles, Sam Browne buckles...  The selections I have found so far are limited to say the least.

Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

GunClick Rick

Ned Buckshot knows i think,i have a real nice one on the rig me made for me.Or what about W.Ghormely???
Bunch a ole scudders!

panhead pete

If you have a state sales tax certificate (hint,hint), You can open a commercial account with Weaver leather.  They have an excellent selection of buckles.  My sales are small but having a commercial account helps in more ways than one.  Siegel Leather in CA also has a good selection.  Hidecrafters may, but I have not done any business with them in some time.  I am sure others will some good suggestions as well.

Good luck,

Panhead  

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Stophel

So far, no good.  A couple of places have a 2" or a 2 1/4" double tongue buckle, which I might use some time in the future, but all I need for my more immediate project is just a square-ish, heavy, plain brass, center bar buckle for a 2" belt.  It's looking like I'm gonna have to make that too... >:(

Stophel

Thanks, I might be able to use something there!  Odd thing is, I was just on Crazy Crow a while ago, and searched for buckles, and they only showed me about 4 or 5 buckles....  I'll have to bookmark that actual page!

Dalton Masterson

These ones arent plain, but dang they are nice.
http://www.willghormley-maker.com/OWCBuckles.html

I have a few of each of them, and try to put them on my customers work as well, if they want them. They really dress up a belt.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Kid Terico

Dalton if I read one of his statements correct he is putting this on a 2" billet. That ellimitates a lot of buckles. KT

Dalton Masterson

Oh, I missed that part. That does eliminate a bunch...
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Stophel

Ho, ho, ho!

That's a little too big!

What I'm doing is making a holster and belt for a much-modified S&W 21-4 .44 Special.  I also need to make myself a holster and belt for a Dragoon, but the .44 Special is the more pressing project.  I might get one of Ghormley's buckles for that one...

Thanks, guys!

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi,

I think Will Ghormely only has silver buckles on his website, but I would think that he could get you about anything you wanted .....

Here is his sale website ....

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/SpringSale.html

Although most if not all of these are already sold, if you email him, he could probably come up with anything you wanted ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Ned Buckshot

2" center bar clipped corner buckles are IMPOSSIBLE to find. When I had a run on my Pale Rider Rig I had to have them custom cast and it wasn't cheap! And had to have 25 of them made to get even one.

Good Luck

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

JD Alan

Stophel, I've had the same problem. You want a good heavy buckle for a 2 inch straight belt, and they are all but impossible to find. I didn't see anything at Weaver that fit a two inch belt. Most everyone stops at 1 ½ or 1 ¾.

Now that Crazy Crow page is different. I'd never seen that page, and I had looked there too. John R, thanks for that Link! 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com