Very Cool Lone Rider, I like it!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well done Lone Rider, thanks for sharing pard, that's a beautiful rig,

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Lone Rider , Now thats what I call nice. KT

Slowhand Bob

Great to see you here Lonerider, as indicated over on the WIRE, I am a fan of your work and design expertise.

LoneRider

Thanks All ;D
I make quite a few WB Rigs, not so fancy. That one was a Special Order.
Happy Trails

Slowhand Bob

Yes I have seen pictures of it posted by the proud owner over on the WIRE, with large amounts of praise.  I hope to make a couple of matches up your way in the summer, hope to meet you if you are shooting.  I would love to see you post more of your special projects on here, there is no doubt in my mind that leather crafters are amongst the most innovative and inventive foke around in this Modern America.

JD Alan

LoneRider that is really an outstanding rig. I agree with the other guys, I would sure like to see more pictures of your work posted here. That one is a real inspiration. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Slowhand Bob, this has been a great thread. I know it takes a lot of extra effort to take pictures and post them here but I sure appreciate it; it's like having a leather working school on line. I had a hard time visualizing this one until you showed it finished with the gun in it, then it made sense to me. (remember, I'm kinda slow with this stuff) :P
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Slowhand Bob

JD, I am in that same boat pard but when we get it its got.   ;)  Another thought while yall are waiting for me to finish playing cowboy this weekend is that perhaps using 8/9oz leather for the holster over a 2/3oz liner might take up most of the excess room I had with mine.  I will try that before changing the pattern and do a quick and dirty rivet job (no sewing) on the belt loop, to make this quicker and easier yet.  Another thought that has crossed my mind is a quick attach belt clip BUT I have never found a metal one that I like for sale.  I think someone should come out with a version that has a small J-hook on the bottom.  In my experience they are far superior in their retaining value, especially when made to fit the belt sizes properly.

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a very fine rig, LoneRider. It looks good. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

MontanaSlick

Save the pattern Bob, I didn't and I'm kicking myself.

I made a holster 5 yrs. ago, Glock 9mm for my Frin up in ND.

Here's a pik, hope yulll excuse the link.

I took the measurments from the gun and it worked great

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/JakeHarlow/GregsHolster.jpg

Willl also fit a 1911

MS

Slowhand Bob

Montana, my problem is that I always save patterns BUT if they were works in progress I can never remember what I had in mind AND if it was a ready pattern I lose it over time!!!!  I finished a newly resized holster that is perhaps a better fit than the first one I made, though these are not actually as critical in fit as a  standard holster style.  It is in the shop drying and it is my hope that the wife will help me clean up the new pattern tonight with Adobe.  I am now curious as to what existing pistol the first pattern might work with?  It would have to be something that uses a patter of about 3/4" wider than the 1911, perhaps a Glock????

MontanaSlick

I used a Glock for this pattern and a 1911 would be a little loose but not that bad.
I think it's the length that matters the most.

Slowhand Bob

The pattern in my first post has been replaced by a corrected version and even illustrates a second cut added at the mouth that like better and even offers a bit less muzzle rear cant, if you so desire.  I find that when I carry concealed with the firearm carried behind my stronside hip, the farther back the carry, the more cant I desire. 

Most critical notes are included on the pattern and using 8/9oz leather over a 2/3oz liner has really improved the rigidity of the holster.  The versions pictured below have 1 1/4" 8-32 cheep machine screws but something better with a length of one inch should be a better fit.  If I have missed any needed details please let me know.

As you can see from the photo I played around with the design a bit, also notice that these used rivets for attaching the belt loops.  Before putting this pattern away and starting on a metal liner attempt, it is my intention to make one more holster from it with another twist.  I want to do a version of the old Tight Rope style (COB) carry and this will have a couple of interesting design differences in that the belt loop would use a snap on/off design and there would be a shirt (snag) protector rise built in.

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Texas Lawdog

Bro. Slick, I like the Glock holster you made for your friend.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

The holster's look great Bob, I can't wait to make one for my ownself, well done

tEN wOLVES

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Slowhand very nice job.    Great color and design. I like. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice work, Bob. I like both holsters equally. You're right, dfepending on where it rides, one may want more or less cant. Good pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

Slowhand I want to thank you for posting all this info. I have a glock that belongs to a friend that I am going to make a holster for just for practice so I will be using some of your ideas in the next few days. He thinks nylon is the only thing to put a gun in so I thought I could get some experience and maybe change his mind all in one wack.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com