Filagree Belt and holster

Started by Gun Butcher, January 17, 2010, 02:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

Whew, well I finally got this thing done. Don't think I have ever had as many problems or interruptions on one project before but its all done and I am happy with it. And to beat it all I already have another holster drawn out to go with it. Guess I will be making a sheath after that ;)
Hope you like it and as always if you see anything that I need a pointer on please feel free to tell me.
Thanks, GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Arizona Cattleman

:o  GB, WOW!  That is one of the purdtiest rigs I have ever seen.  That should be in the Hall of Fame.  I thought my scabbard was a tough project.  You have done yourself proud.  Ware it with pride.  Great job......

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

cowboy316

Hey GB
you still got my address right just ship that baby right here to me  lol
great work bud keep it up
Cowboy316

Gun Butcher

AC, thank you for the comments, but, I got a feeling that rifle sccabard you are working on is going to be pretty sharp also.

Cowboy I don't know if'n I want you lookin at it that close ;) ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboywc

Howdy GB
You did a great job. I really like it.
Something to think about on future ones, try to keep all pieces connected. If you have a leaf that is not connected it will eventually curl up.
I have circled the spots I can see.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Kid Terico

GB very nice rig. I was also going to mention the areas not connected. There are some on the back on the belt also. I had real problems on a rig I did with the curling till I kept everything connected. Beautiful looking rig. Looks good with one holster and a knife sheath . That way more of the belt will be exposed. KT

JD Alan

I've got to say it's great to have some guys like WC and Kit Terico that are willing to give constructive criticism. While it's nice to have people compliment your work, (regardless of your skill level by the way) pointing something out that you can do better next time is a good thing.

I should include Dalton in that mix because he's pointed out some things for me too, and I appreciate it!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Beautiful rig Gun Butcher, looks like you have that Bar-B-Que rig now, that had to have been a real challenge, but it looks great, I haven't anything to add, I've never made a filagree anything, I'm going to have to try that one day.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dalton Masterson

Very nice looking rig!! I dont think I am up to trying that sort of thing yet! Looks great!
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Dave Cole

Wiley Desperado

GB, mighty fine leatherwork there ya ol cowboy you did good.  One of these days I am going to have to try that filigree right after I do a toe plug.  Its got to be some kinda magic trick :o...smoke and mirrors ::). Prudy really prudy!
Wiley  ;D

Gun Butcher

Thanks everyone for your comments. They are much appreciated.

WC, I will change my pattern accordingly. I really want to thank you and Kid for your imput. That is the best kind of help a guy can get. I know its tough to try and point out things to some people but I will always welcome any kind of constructive critique.

Thanks Again to all of you.

And Wiley I feel the same way about toe plugs :o ;D

Dr. Bob

WOW!!  Great job GB!!  Knock my eyes out!  Ya done good!! ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

GB, that rig came out really fine. Very dramatic and exciting. Thanks for the looksee.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Jim in Tucson

Gorgeous.

One possibility to prevent the "peeling" issue: it would likely be a lot of work, but would it be possible to add decorative stitching in various areas including the "unsupported" bits so as to prevent peeling yet without looking like it's a repair of some sort?

In other words, if the prediction is that it won't hold up, best to act soonest and act to salvage this beaut?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com