Definately Not Cowboy

Started by cowboywc, January 16, 2010, 07:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboywc

Howdy All
A friend bought this very high end drum and it showed up with a plastic embossed band.
Here is what I did for him.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Pards, I saw this drum the other day, and also saw the cheap plastic band that came with it, the pattern you see on this one that WC just made looks like the pattern on the plastic band, so much so that the owner will be hard pressed to tell the difference, except for the quality of the carving and the beautiful leather, WC, I can't believe what you can do with leather, you make me proud. :D ;D

tEN  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

WC very first class work and rich looking. KT

GunClick Rick

Wow what a cool drum and you made it much nicer.What type of drum is that,don't think i have ever seen that style.I have a couple of indian drums but nothing like that..
Bunch a ole scudders!

outrider

WC...well done...I can't believe it...I just did a band for a guy at work that plays in a celtic band..the one I did had capabilites of putting a carry strap on it....small world...or maybe more people are running around beating their drums :D :D :D ;D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Gun Butcher

WC, might not be cowboy but its still easy to look at. Great job!!!
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboywc

Quote from: GunClick Rick on January 17, 2010, 12:47:36 AM
Wow what a cool drum and you made it much nicer.What type of drum is that,don't think i have ever seen that style.I have a couple of indian drums but nothing like that..

Howdy
It is an Irish Hand Drum.
WC

GunClick Rick

Ok,then i have seen them played in nice Irish bands.Very nice.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Wiley Desperado

WC, very nicely done pard.  Top shelf 8)
Wiley  ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

That's really a quality mod to that drum. Very beautiful, WC.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy WC,

Nicely done! It really enhances the look of the drum.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

FEATHERS

G'Day WC,Your job on the drum looks great.Had a friend of mine stop in for a beer,he plays in an Irish Pub Band & showed him the pic he loved it,wants me to come up with a pattern for his.I was thinking of doing something like your filigree pattern.He called the drum a Bodhran (Bow Rain) Feathers

cowboywc

Howdy Feathers
Thank you.
I was going to filligree it but the drum head is stapled to the ring and the band hides the staples. They would show through the filligreed areas.
WC

FEATHERS

G'Day WC, The idea I have come up with, is once I get the carving done (he wants it to go just below the drum staples to just short of the edge) is to attach it with brass tacks,I have a collection of tacks that the heads are about 1/16 so I can use them to high lite the pattern as well as secure the leather to the timber.(Your thoughts) Feathers

cowboywc

Howdy Pal
Be careful with the tacks. I had to drive them in sideways and bend the head down because the wood rim is thin.
WC

FEATHERS

WC,Ok will keep that in mind,his is about 3/8 thick,that & the thickness of the leather may work out Feathers

cowboywc

Howdy Pal
That's what this one is.
WC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com