Starting my most advanced project to date.....

Started by Arizona Cattleman, January 16, 2010, 04:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FEATHERS

G'Day AC,Thanks for the info,I will try my store here but she charges like a wounded bull :-\ Feathers

Arizona Cattleman

Feathers, let me know if I can help.  I am not sure what shippin is like down under, but I would be willing to find the ones you need and send them to you.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

FEATHERS

Thanks AC,I was'nt hinting at that my friend & I know people have to make an income but the last beveler I bought from her was $15.99 & in the Tandy cattledog it was $3.99  :o Feathers

Arizona Cattleman

I know you wern't, but the offer still stands.  Which ones do you need?  :)

PM me and we can keep this off the thred.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

JD Alan

Feather's, I'm willing to help with that too. Friends don't let friends pay 16 bucks for a Tandy tool!

Really nice work AC, really nice.I Think Will G would be proud of you too. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

FEATHERS

Thanks AC & JD, I will check direct with Tandy in the US & see their rates I will get back to you both via PM. Feathers

Wiley Desperado

AC, WOW :o :o :o! you dove right in to the deep end of the pool! That is going to be a beauty.  Hats off to ya pard. 
Wiley

Marshal Will Wingam

AC, that's really coming along nicely. The design is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see this one finished.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Arizona Cattleman

OK, I have completed the carving and tooling and have stained with Saddle Tan Gel Antique.  Here are some pics.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

AC, all I can say is you have aced it, your carving looks great and that antique gel really makes it look rich, the color is good and will look like it's been around when you get it finished.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

FEATHERS

G'Day AC,Your carving looks great & the color really sets it off.That is the background tool I need to get hold of.Feathers

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks DM, TW & Feathers.  By the way Feathers the backgrounder I used the most is M884, I had given you the wrong number before.  The eyes arn't what they used to be.  ;D

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks WC, question pards, I have the liner glued in now, but before I start the stiching, do any of you treat the liner with anything like EEVO or gun oil to help protect the rifle when it is in the scabbard.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Gun Butcher

AC, that is looking fantastic. You are doing a great job on that one.

I have used both EVOO or gunoil on projects in the past. Also have used Lexol. See what the other guys say about it,but I always use something.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Wiley Desperado

AC, your carving really looks good and the coloring is great looking forward to seeing this one finished.   I have never used gun oil so I can't say, but a light coat of EVOO rubbed in sounds like a good idea IMHO.  
WD

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

AC, that is really coming along nicely. The tooling is tastful and the color is great. It'll look good when finished.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy AC,
You are doing a beautiful job! I sure look forward to seeing the finished Scabbard. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com