on my bench this afternoon

Started by Wolfgang, January 09, 2010, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfgang

Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Bryan Austin

Chasing The 44-40 Website: https://sites.google.com/view/44winchester

Chasing The 44-40 Forum: https://44-40.forumotion.com

Forty Rod

What size wheels are you gonna use?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Angel_Eyes

Guess who's got a shoulder stock he ain't doing anything with ???

Guess who lives all the way across the Atlantic ???

Yep!!!

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Bryan Austin

Quote from: Angel_Eyes on January 10, 2010, 08:08:56 AM
Guess who's got a shoulder stock he ain't doing anything with ???

Guess who lives all the way across the Atlantic ???

Yep!!!

AE

I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!....lol...just kidding. Just wanted to beat Wolfgang to the line for a change!

bedbugbilly

Wolfgang - I'm jealous that you have such a big wrench!  That's a nice one!  Remember I wanted all of those hacked off barrels from you guys that took a sawsall to your guns to make them stubbies - if you send me the old barrel you took off of that I could get my rifle built quicker!   ;D

You sure do some pretty work and I enjoy the photos of the finished producgts.  If you ever do custom work, let me know.  I'd happily buy another Remy if I could get you to fit it with a nice long bayonet!    ::)

I hope you'll post a photo of it when you get it fitted with a stock - it will be a beauty I'm sure!

Wolfgang

I hadn't considered a bayonet  ::) 

Angel_Eyes

Hey Wolfie, sent you a PM and e-mail with piccies, just in case you ain't looked yet. ;)
(Don't show these other guy's, they will only try to outbid you) ;D

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)

Forty Rod

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID, BILLY!

If he gets a bayonet fitted to that thing......
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Forty Rod on January 11, 2010, 10:37:25 AM
NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID, BILLY!

If he gets a bayonet fitted to that thing......

If'n he does, I wanna see the holster...

bedbugbilly

The more I've been pondering on it - think how pretty that wsould be . . . . a nice brass frame Remy with one of those nice long brass handled bayonet with a knife blade about eleventeen inches long.  I hadn't considered the holster situation  though . . . . . think about sliding that contraption back in to a long holster strapped to your side . . . you'd probably have to tie the holster off at your ankle and walk stiff legged - maybe that's why Chester walked that way in Gunsmoke?  I guess it could give new meaning to the phrase of "being in a prickly situation".   :o  I guess that you might want to consider steel toed cowboy boots?  I'll have to ponder on that a little while longer . . . . . .  :'(  That's what I love about this board - lots of good fellas who aren't afraid to be creative and share their ideas . . . . .  ;D

Angel_Eyes

Fessin' up time!!! :'(

I made a complete cobblers of what the stock I have is supposed to fit. ::)

It is for the Colt 1860,,,not the Remmy '58,,,I completely forgot about the '60, only had it for a short time.

The mounting lugs on the '58 must have thrown a spanner in the works,,,apologies to Wolfgang for getting his hopes up.

AE,,,(wanders off into the middle distance, head hanging in shame) :-[

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: bedbugbilly on January 11, 2010, 12:28:28 PM
- maybe that's why Chester walked that way in Gunsmoke? 

The way I heard it, Chester was quick on the trigger but a mite slow on the draw.   ;)

bedbugbilly

Daniel - I think that you are 100% right on Chester.  My pa always told me Chester got that way from falling out of Miss Kitty's 2nd story bedroom window trying to put his boots on while Sherriff Matt was coming through the door but he had a tendency to embelish things just a mite!  I'm glad you set me straight on that 'cause what you said makes more  sense than pa's story did.   ::)

Now - to get back to Wolfgang's problem with his newly created masterpiece . . . . . Angel Eyes - don't you fret none 'cause your stock is for a Colt instead of a Remy - it will still work for Wolfgang just fine.  If he grinds down the mount on that puppy so it fits the contour of the Remy grip . . . all he's got to do is bore a hole through it and use a lag screw - I'd recommend a 1/2" by 6".  I'd go to that size in case he gets carried away and puts a bigger load in 'er than he should.  Now we don't want to start a big debate here - I know it's a brass frame an all - and the metal on the end of yer stock is brass - so he can make sure it won't go nowhere if he puts a second lag bolt in 'er - my pa always said two would hold better 'n one.  Just to make sure though, he could wrap a muffler clamp anround the grip and over the end of the stock - he's got that big wrench so he should be able to tighten 'er down good!   ;D  And yes . . . I'm sure some of ya are a wondering . . . my wife tells me I'm warped too!   :o

Bryan Austin

My nephew knows Chester. He said he enjoys talking about the Gunsmoke Days. They have a house boat in Eufalla, Ala. Thats what they say anyway!

River City John

Dennis Weaver died in 2006, though.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Wolfgang

Angel Eyes . . . ya didn't have to confess to everybody.  Just to me was Enuf.  Just be grateful that I knew the difference and ya didn't go shipping it to me   :o

Quote from: Angel_Eyes on January 11, 2010, 12:50:40 PM
Fessin' up time!!! :'(

I made a complete cobblers of what the stock I have is supposed to fit. ::)

It is for the Colt 1860,,,not the Remmy '58,,,I completely forgot about the '60, only had it for a short time.

The mounting lugs on the '58 must have thrown a spanner in the works,,,apologies to Wolfgang for getting his hopes up.

AE,,,(wanders off into the middle distance, head hanging in shame) :-[

Angel_Eyes

Aaaah Wolfie, so kind,,,but I had to, just to show that I am human and fallible too.

It's my wife you see,,,she allus say's,,," I wish I was perfect, just like you.!" (When I make some innocent comment!)

So there you go,,I ain't perfect no more,,,sob, sob!

Good luck with finding the correct stock.

AE 8)

Wolfgang

I may just order one today from Dixie.  The difference between the "sale price" at  EMF ( where they don't have it )  and the regular price at Dixie is only $15.  

Good shootin', . . . .  :)

ps.  noon-ish Pacific time . . . ordered a stock from Dixie.   ;D

Now . . . whur do I get a suitable bayonet ? . . . it is a civil war ( never existed ) gun.  Do I need a confederate bayonet ?  :o

Angel_Eyes

If'n you want to compete agin them thar Springfield and Bayonet combo's,,,you is gonna need one longgggggg pig sticker!!!

AE

Ah gestimate about,,oooh let me see now,,,,5 or 6 foot of steel should do it!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com