Heiser western holster for Broomhandle

Started by Zip Wyatt, January 08, 2010, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zip Wyatt

I just got this beautiful dang thing and have to share.  Has anyone ever seen a Heiser made for a Broomhandle like this before?  I haven't in 25 years of searching.  The broomie in the first holster is a circa 1899 Conehammer.  In the second is my engraved old west broom with stag grips.  Thanks for looking.

Zip

So what else is on your mind besides hundred-proof women, 'n' ninety-proof whiskey, 'n' fourteen-carat gold?

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Pretty snazzy there Zip Wyatt,Heiser made some beautiful rigs in his day, thanks for sharing Pard  ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dalton Masterson

Now thats cool vintage!
Wish I had a broomy.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

St. George

I've seen similar Heiser rigs - complete with carving and lace - for Pre-War Colt Woodsman automatics.

Always nice stuff...

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Trailrider

Fascinating, Captain!  ;) And it has a thumb-break, yet!  I've seen pictures of a leather military holster made at the Phillipine Maestranza de Manilla (Manilla Arsenal), and know of at least one 1902 Large Ring hammer C96 that was used by a U.S. Army colonel during the Philipine Insurrection in the early 20th Century (where, BTW, we were fighting the same fanatics we face today!  >:( )

I made a replica of the M de M holster for a customer, using the picture.  Plain, full flap, with the closure fastening one-piece with the flap.  If I can get ahold of the gent, I'll try to post a picture.  But this one you show is fantastic!

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Zip Wyatt

Thanks pards for all the kind words.  I, too, have seen Heiser holsters with this kind of carving.  I even own a couple.  However, I have never seen or even heard of a Heiser like this for a Broomhandle.  This is why I bought it for an obscene amount of money.  Supposedly made between 1930 and 1950, this one was made past the time when broomhandles were "state of the art."  Yet, someone wanted to carry a broomhandle mid-20th century in a really nice holster.

Zip

So what else is on your mind besides hundred-proof women, 'n' ninety-proof whiskey, 'n' fourteen-carat gold?

outrider

Well now, that certainly is the cat's meow for sure...
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

GunClick Rick

Man that is vintage way cool,i've never shot a broomhandle,sure would like to.I think i'm gettin a holster for this vintage one pretty soon.I like yours!! :)

Bunch a ole scudders!

Zip Wyatt

That's a purty Luger.  I have a 1900 model and have a real nice vintage old-west type holster for it too.

GunClick Rick

OHHHH BAAABY :o,That's what i'm talkin about OOOO WEEEEEE OOOOOOWEEE

Ohhhh NEEEED????????
Bunch a ole scudders!

Forty Rod

Now you guys cut that out.  You're making me drool an' slobber all over myself.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Zip Wyatt

That is one nice looking holster, your gun looks to be in excellent condition too, thanks for sharing

Rick, your Luger looks nice too, those are some flashy looking grips you got there pard. ::) 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

I think they are Catlinite?But not positive..My cousin threw it my way a few months ago..

Boy i sure like dat holster~~
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

Zip nice looking holsters and gun.
GCR Is there anything you dont have? Nice gun. KT

amin ledbetter

Quote from: Dalton Masterson on January 08, 2010, 11:50:00 AM
Now thats cool vintage!
Wish I had a broomy.
DM

Me too DM! Almost bought one this past summer. But didn't want to come off the $1100.00 to buy it. I'd love to have one though! They are so cool!

The rig is awesome!!! ZW!!

Marshal Will Wingam

ZW, those are some very nice holsters. I really like the Heiser look. That's great history, there. Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Quote from: Kid Terico on January 10, 2010, 05:46:46 PM
Zip nice looking holsters and gun.
GCR Is there anything you dont have? Nice gun. KT

A LIFE :D

You wouldn't believe how i come by some of this stuff,usually just bein at the right place at the right time.I have been known to bring the wrong key though.
Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboy316

wish i could tell just how long a barrel that is on GCR's luger
Cowboy316

Dalton Masterson

Looks like its a 4 or 6", but I would guess 4" looking at pics.  ;)

Maybe Rick can enlighten us.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com