Heiser western holster for Broomhandle

Started by Zip Wyatt, January 08, 2010, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

Do you measure a Luger barrel different than others?If i go from the flair where it connects to the frame it 3 1/4 inches i can't get 4 out of it..

Bunch a ole scudders!

Dalton Masterson

Rick, imagine closing the chamber, and putting a dowel into the barrel to touch the face of the bolt. That is what you measure.
Its a 4".
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

GunClick Rick

OK.i thought about that but wasn't sure.Thanks Dalton preciate it.I have never had one and have not shot this one yet ,my cuzz did but i haven't yet..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Zip Wyatt

Isn't there an early 20th century photo somewhere of a cowpoke with a luger on his belt?

Zip
So what else is on your mind besides hundred-proof women, 'n' ninety-proof whiskey, 'n' fourteen-carat gold?

Dalton Masterson

I have seen one with a broomhandle on his belt. The holster has a ton of spots, and looks really cool. Wish I knew where I had seen it now. I think the guy was leaning against a bar or store counter.
Judging by the clothes of the others in the store, I would say 1920 or 1930 in this pic.

Hope someone finds it and the Luger one.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

GunClick Rick

Was'nt it a Luger that got Tom Horn recaptured after he broke jail?Found it in the jailhouse and couldn't operate the new fangled thang.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Zip Wyatt

Dalton - I've seen the broomhandle one too.

Rick - I believe ole Tom escaped with a Browning 1900 semi-auto.
So what else is on your mind besides hundred-proof women, 'n' ninety-proof whiskey, 'n' fourteen-carat gold?

Zip Wyatt

Zip Wyatt

Here is a female solder during the Mexican revolution with a luger and holster

Zip Wyatt

Another Luger rig - I was lucky to find the three-mag holder.

Forty Rod

Quote from: Zip Wyatt on January 18, 2010, 12:53:39 PM
Her's the broomhandle photo:

This guy will never get on plane with all that metal, and he should make every effort to avoid anyplace with magnets.  Bis ones can snatch him right up and little ones can beat him to death. 

Beware grandma's refrigerator!
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

GunClick Rick

Got his initials in spots too,JS,wonder who he was and what that leather girdle was all about? :-\

Excerpt:

In August 1903, while his appeal was pending, Horn with another inmate of the jail, Jim McCloud, attacked Deputy Proctor, broke into the Sheriff's office and stole an automatic pistol. Leslie Snow came upon the scene and gave the alarm. In the meantime Horn and McCloud made it out onto the street with McCloud and Horn heading in opposite directions. Horn first headed east on 19th Street one block to Capitol, the Courthouse being on the corner of 19th and Ferguson [now Carey]. Horn then headed north on Capitol and then east on 20th being chased by a passerby, O. M. Eldrich. Eldrich fired at Horn and Horn attempted to fire the automatic at Eldrich. Apparently Horn was unfamiliar with the safety on the automatic and was unable to fire the gun. Pedestrians then overpowered Horn and he was returned to the jail

Yep it was a Browning :)I'll be durn.. :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Quote from: Zip Wyatt on January 18, 2010, 12:59:02 PM

OOOOeeeeyyy!!!!! Better go to the pawn shop and see if i can find a mag pouch..
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a cool rig, Zip. It has a really clean look. That '87 Winchester is no slouch, either.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Forty Rod

Quote from: Zip Wyatt on January 18, 2010, 12:59:02 PM

This pic has been driving me nuts.  Finally I remembered where I'd seen a holster similar to that:  in my closet.  Two of them, in fact.

Both are by Eubanks Pioneer Leather Co, Boise, Idaho.

Both are reddish-russet, basket weave stamped, and laced in natural rawhide like yours.

One is a 1963-1964 for a Ruger .22 auto.  It's a junker and I haven't had the gun in 40 years.

The other has a matching cartridge belt for the Ruger Bearcat I bought for my wife in July, 1965 right after we got married.  Belt has 38 loops for .22,  is 1 3/4" wide and sized for a 22"waist, and has a square brass buckle.  It's hardly been used, and yes... she still has the gun.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Zip Wyatt

The one in my photo was sold by Abercrombie and Fitch and (supposedly) was made by Heiser.  "Luger" was written on it.

GunClick Rick

There's a name for ya.Sort of like Tiffany~
Bunch a ole scudders!

Forty Rod

Quote from: GunClick Rick on January 23, 2010, 04:51:50 PM
There's a name for ya.Sort of like Tiffany~

Yeah, used to be.  Now it's just one more place selling over-priced impractical clothes to skinny assed teenagers.

Mine don't have that mush info.

The Bearcat is marked with the maker's name / cartouche and RBC and some numbers. 

The one for the auto can't be read any more but it's RS something and some numbers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com