What type of sheath? Your input requested!

Started by Ned Buckshot, January 06, 2010, 05:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Buckshot

Well I ordered this over 6 months ago and it finnaly showed up yesterday! I had pretty much forgotten about it. Actually thought I had cancelled it!

Now I can't seem to figure out what kind of sheath to make. No not color or design on the leather etc. Just the basic design, boot, arm, waistband etc etc.

I'll see how this one turns out but I think I'll be making more. There seems to plenty of demand but almost no supply.

Any and all suggestions will be considered.

Thanks guys, I appreciate you all.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Gun Butcher

Ned , Thats a neat design, I think I would have to do a horizontal carry sheath for that one. Maybe small of the back or right or left of the belt buckle. According to which hand you use.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Mogorilla

I have looked for a push dagger blade blank for 10+ years.   I am surprised, considering the demand, that they aren't available.    The historic ones I have seen are just covering the blade with metal throat and chape on scabbard.

Dave Cole

Just so happens ,I am working a new push dagger design as well.Anyways Ned, this is a dagger sheath I did for an Alan Folts dagger.I made the Ivory concho to match the handle and inlaid it in Alligator.Dave ;D

Dalton Masterson

Ned, I think a nice upside down suspender sheath would be the ticket. Easy to grab during a card game, if you know what I mean. Horizontal might be better tho, depending on how big it is and how awkward it would be to grab.
That or opposite a stubby revolver in a shoulder rig, with its own sheath as part of the rig.

DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

RollingThunder

Make a snap-strap for it, like an LEO-style thumb-break. Won't come out at inopportune times. ;)
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Gun Butcher on January 06, 2010, 05:31:53 AM
  Ned , Thats a neat design, I think I would have to do a horizontal carry sheath for that one. Maybe small of the back or right or left of the belt buckle. According to which hand you use.

+ 1

What GB, said, horizontal would be I think the best way to carry it, I have a friend that carries one like that in the small of his back, he's ex military special ops. he doesn't go anywhere without his belt knives, he also has a thin blade that goes in the front that hides behind his belt.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

What Dalton said,i was thinkin something behind the vest..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Angel_Eyes

Looks to be made as part of a belt buckle/hidden blade type of useage!
Stealth knife, in plain sight!

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

"Evil, Angel Eyes,i like it"

Push daggers and belt buckle knives are so evil that the government of Canada has prohibited them!

God bless the True North Strong and Free!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

cowboywc

Most States in the US they are a Felony to own.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

GunClick Rick

In Ca. you can own them just can't carry them..I have a couple big knives and showed them to my cousin who is LEO Seargent,he said that one,this one,that one, this one over here,you can have them just don't have them in your vehicle or carry them..One is the Indian Dag from Atlanta Cutlery,double edged dagger style and the sharpoest thing i ever saw out of the box..You look at it and start bleedin.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

Not that it really has anything to do with the original question but it is also illegal to own any double egded knife in many states.

Take me away, I've got 23 of them!

Also in one of the southern states (can't remember which one) it is illegal to put a leash on your pig and walk it down the main street of town!

But seriously guys all I'm looking for is a resonably period correct design for a sheath for this knife.

I really do appreciate all comments on this! ;D

Ned

Ned Buckshot

Arizona Cattleman

What has this Country come too, when you can own a knife but not carry it.   :-[  I am sick and tired of all these.....
Cool off AC....  ;D ;D ;D
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Kid Terico

AC I  like your train of thought. Ned the state u live in it is against the law to gallop your horse down  mainstreet.  Still on the books. Glad I dont live in your state. ;D Ned dont get carried away on the sheath till the knife is done. We can then deside what I might want. Thanks KT

Slowhand Bob

Yes it does resemble the Bowen Belt Buckle Knife a bit.  As I recall the Bowen style was pretty much outlawed by the BATF years ago.  What with the four holes following the handles contour I would say this is for pinning wood, bone or perhaps horn as a solid handle.   

Golly Dave that is beautiful.  What size is the knife, the handle would make it appear to be somewhat small and svelte?

Ned Buckshot

Terry I'm not thinkin' so much for this first one but if it turns out as good as I think it will I'll be makin' more. ;D

The way the creative part of my mind works I need several ideas and let them stew around for a few days! ::)

Keep the ideas coming but keep in mind this is for CAS not some black helicopter covert operation so costuming is the key word!

Thanks to all

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

"Yes it does resemble the Bowen Belt Buckle Knife a bit."

I thought the fellow that popularized the belt buckle knife was COLLINS?
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

GunClick Rick

"The way the creative part of my mind works I need several ideas and let them stew around for a few days!"

You know Ned,that's what i keep tellin my wife when she has a project for me to do...She has no respect for the mind of an artist :P

>:( >:(

I always end up hiring another artist(pay ta have someone else do it) ;)I sure feel sorry for my lawn guy and he no habla english. :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com