Need some help Pards

Started by Ned Buckshot, January 05, 2010, 03:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Buckshot

I've got a few boot knives in progress and I need one thing to finish them, Spoons!

I went to the six antique/second hand stores in town and found one! I had Gun Click Rick look where he lives and nothin!! ??? ???

What I'm looking for is silver plate ornate single spoons, solid silver has gone through the roof and I could never get my money back out of them so just silver plate.

I need teaspoon size not soup or serving spoons, they are just too big

I can only afford 3-4 dollers each. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth!!! ::) ;D

So for those of you that get in that type of store keep a lookout PLEASE!

Thanks for your help. ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

JD Alan

Howdy Ned,  we've got several antique shops in our town, all close together in our small "old town" section. I will check them out today to see what I can find. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ned Buckshot

Thaks JD! ;D

It will surely help!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Gun Butcher

Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Dalton Masterson

Ned, we have a shop here that is only open on satudays, but I guarantee they have what you are looking for. How many do you need?
The more ornate the better, right?
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Ned Buckshot

I would like 6-8 total all differant if possible. And yes as ornate as possible but I'll stop short of the souvenier spoons with pictures etc. ::)

I sure appreciate your looking for me. I'm just at a standstill with two waitnig and another two nearing completion.

By the way I just got a push dagger blade in that I ordered over 6 months ago, it's going to be too cool!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Gun Butcher

Ned, I hope Dalton can come thru for you . I hit three places today and no luck at any of them. Sorry :-[
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

We scored pard,i found four today and 50 of another kind,your gonna get "em" wheather ya want "em" or not :D I figure they will work and whatever state the customer lives in ,GUESS WHAT??? ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

Thaks Rick, that's a start. I pretty sure I won't be using the state spoons for knife sheaths though. They are generally just to small but I can probably come up with some imaginative use for them. Who knows maybe rings.  :P  Well OK maybe not.

I'll still need some more pards so let me know what ya found. I'll keep makin' 'em as long as my body holds out. ::)

Thanks to everyone for your help. ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Dalton Masterson

I will try to get over there saturday morning Ned. They clean up estates after the family is through, and have a ton of this sort of thing. Its like a giant antique garage sale.
DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Ned Buckshot

Appreciate it Dalton.

Sounds like the kind of place you can find real tresure!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Dalton Masterson

Oh yes. Most of my watches have come from there, including a nice Ball-Waltham ORC railroad watch for 35.00. Lots of neat vintage things in there, but I am starting to catch up to them as to who has most of it..... :-[

DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

GunClick Rick

Might make more money if ya just hold out your body...May have to move to Vegas though.. ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

Tried that once Rick!

The comment was "how much you payin'" !!! ??? ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

GunClick Rick

They asked me if anyone else was hurt in the accident  :o:-\ :(
Bunch a ole scudders!

Slowhand Bob

A few years back the wife was all hyped up on carving and painting gourds for craft show sales.  I would tag along to help set up and then blast off to snoop while she handled the sales.  Occasionally I would stumble across some vendors selling wares made from fancy handled silver ware.  Though the stuff really looked antiquey, the sheer quantities of what they had suggested otherwise.  I never asked but I am sure there has to be a huge supplier for these fake antiques somewhere.  We have a pair of crosses made from spoon/fork handles that we have hanging in the autos and they are beautiful but far to cheap to have been made from antiques. 

GunClick Rick

I'll take an indian motif on a gourd,does she actuall ycut into them?I want an indian chief and some fubbalo.in a pasture :) ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com