WC's inspiration complete?

Started by Gun Butcher, January 01, 2010, 09:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

Well here she is, But she may never have a twin sister ;) ;D.  It was a fun but very challenging project.

Still in the process of  wet molding and then a little Dr Jacksons and she will be complete.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

FEATHERS

G'Day GB,The holster came out wicked & the coloring is great.It has given me an idea for the yoke of a pair of chaps I am starting for one of my girls,she wants a light colored suede for the legs so it will go well unde the filigree 8) Feathers

Gun Butcher

Passing the inspiration on is really cool Feathers. I know she will love the chaps. Just be sure and post some pictures.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Absolutely Beautiful GB, the contrast really looks nice, you'll look real snazzy wearing this one, I bet it felt good to get back at it, you have too much talent to not be working with leather, keep it up GB, I'll be looking forward to seeing more from you in this new year.

Boy talk about inspiration, now Feathers is going to give it a try ::)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

TW, thank you for the kind words. Ain't that neat how the inspiration just seems to keep traveling. I learn something new on every project and this one was no exception.
That tip you gave on giving your pattern a little more room when you are lining a rig came a little to late on this one ,I already had it cut out when I read your tip, so it was a bear to fit but I did think to put a welt in which helped.
It is a great feeling to be back into it. I still need to reteach the hands a few things. Beveling seems to be the toughest part. But the main thing is slowing down and enjoying the work.

Oh, I even managed to get a little bit of muzzle forward hang to it and kicked the butt out about 15 degrees.

Arizona Cattleman

GB, that turned out really great, I'll have to try that someday but got a lot to learn first.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Kid Terico

GB now thats what I call true talent. I,m glad u desided to do one . Outstanding job. Keep it up. ;) KT

cowboywc

Howdy GB
That came out great. I like the color a lot. You going to do a matching belt?
Keep up the good work.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Marshal Will Wingam

That holster came out great. WC's right, the color is good. Very nice.

Quote from: cowboywc on January 01, 2010, 11:14:56 PMYou going to do a matching belt?
It does beg for a matching belt, you know. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Dr. Bob

+1 on the matching belt.  Ain't it great to have pards that put expectations on you! ::) ;) :D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Gun Butcher

Thanks for all the good words Pards.  Got me thinking about a belt ::) and maybe... ah what the heck.. maybe another holster. don't want that pistola making the other one jealous.
May try something a little different on the next one. Want to use 5-6 oz inside and outside see if it works better for folding and molding. this one was tough to fold and sew.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,

Don't know how I missed the finished Holster. Must be old age or something.

This Holster is a true work of art. It takes a lot of talent and patience to such a beautiful holster. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Doc O

NNNNiiiiiiiiiccccccceeeeee!!!!!!
That came out great.

Doc

outrider

GB...outstanding....and yes a belt is definately in order

I take a 38"  ;D
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

White Buffalo Chip

Howdy GB,
That is some beautiful work on that holster. That sure as
shootin' needs a mate and a belt........and a knife sheath,
and a rifle scabbard, and cuffs, and dove wing spur straps.
:oWish I could carve like that....I know, that 'P' word again.
Y'all be safe.
;D
WBC
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

Gun Butcher

Appreciate the kind words Pards. 
Outrider, I liked your suggestion of a red background ,just couldn't come up with anything to use. Maybe  next time
:o :o Did I say that ::)

WBC, I got to go to work ever once in awhile ;) ;D

Ace Lungger

Howdy GB,
That is AWESOME :o :o Thinking outside the box :o :o
Thanks for sharing.
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

GB,

Did you get a chance to get to your leather supplier?  I got my red pigskin suede at the Leather Factory here in Chatt. town.  If you need some give Ron Riddle (the manager) a call and tell him I sent you..he will take care of you for sure.  I also think they have other colors in addition to red
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Gun Butcher

Outrider, I guess old habits die hard. I looked at some red but didn't see anything I really liked. I am almost sure I would like a dark sunset red but I didn't see any. I had a tough time using the white. Just ain't much for something that jumps out at you.. I like it alright on other people but it doesn't seem to fit me.
Ace, ol buddy its good to hear from you.Heard about your being down and I want to wish you well. It gets a liittle quiet around here when we don't hear from you. And thank you for the kind words.

OH, just so you will know, a belt pattern was finished last night and the leather was cut out this morning :-[ :-[  I had to the holster just didn't fit with anything else ??? ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com