Whatt have I been doing all this time

Started by Gun Butcher, December 30, 2009, 09:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

Every once in a while you pards will hear me say I haven't done the kind of leatherwork that we see on this forum for a long time.  I got to thinking about that and I decided that maybe I should show you the type of things I have been doing for the last 30 years. So here are a couple of pics of the style of leatherworking I am most use to.

Both Items are made from elk hides and completely hand sewn.
The pants also have a set of suspenders made from two thicknesses of elk and whip stitched alll the way around
All of the fringe was cut by hand.
The war shirt is mid thigh length.

Gun Butcher  aka  Two Step  aka Three Poles
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Gun Butcher

Guess it would make more sense with the pictures :-[ ::)  Sheesh two 16 hr days and I'm worthless, geuss I can't hack it anymore ;) ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Kid Terico

GB very nice. You have some great talent. KT

GunClick Rick

Now that's my kind of stuff.I need to get something like that to wear when i play my indian flute.GCR-aka-Chief Thundermoon
Born in the mojave desert under a full moon and it thundered the night i was born(actually it was some pilot breaking the sound bearier in 54 at Edwards where my dad and uncles built the runway. ;D I see my lodge is ready..

Bunch a ole scudders!

Slowhand Bob

Gun Butcher, I really like these and the suspenders would make them extra valuable to a pear guy like myself.  I would assume that as worn the suspenders would not even show anyway?  Dawnt be shy, get us a picture with you as a model wearing these, worth a thousand words you know!

Gun Butcher

Thanks to all for your comments.

Rick, them things would be mighty hot in the Mojave my friend

Slowhand I don't know about a picture  :o I am usually the guy behind the camera ;D.... And thats for the safety of the camera the folks looking at me are on their own :o :o ;D

JD Alan

Gun Butcher, that is some fine work. You are combining several talents to produce those garments. I've watched my wife develop patterns over the years and it takes skill for sure. Add to that doing it in leather, quite a feat.

Regarding pictures, I've met very few people who like getting their picture taken. That vanity thing hangs us up every time. We've got these pictures of ourselves in our minds, and then when we see an actual photograph that doesn't match up, well, we aren't happy about it.  

People say the camera adds ten pounds, but I think it's more like forty or fifty

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

GB, you've been hiding out on us, man these are great, I wish I could do that, but as big as I am it would take a small herd of elk to just make a shirt, LOL, you really did a nice job here, WELL DONE Pard, We enjoy seeing your work, what do you have planed for the new year???

GSR, I see the Mrs. put you out in the cold, nice lodge though, looks like it would be real cozy.  :D

JD, those dang cameras make me look 40 to 50 pounds heavier too, what's with that??? ??? :-\ :-X :-[ :P

All well we is what we is  :D ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,

That's a beautiful outfit! What makes it even more special is that you made it yourself. Thank you for showing it to us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Gun Butcher

JD, the trick with making a pattern for leather clothes is to make sure they will hang on you the way you want them to.
As far as gettin my picture took ,I just felt sorry for the camera ;) ;D

Ten Wolves, it looks as though I will be working on that filigree holster plum into next year unless I get done with it before midnight ;D

My better half says the most expensive dress she owns is leather :o :o

Marshal Will Wingam

GB, that's quality work. Thanks for sharing that with us. I've never tackled any garments like that. Impressive stuff.

Nice digs, Rick. That'll keep the weather out.

LOL, JD, There are a lot of cameras with that problem. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wiley Desperado

GB, Leather clothing and carved filigree holsters, WOW, now how much talent is a fella allowed to have?? Plum impressive!!
Wiley

Gun Butcher

Whoa now Wiley, ain't never been a man that couldn't be throwed. And I ain't sure I can ride that hoss you are trying to put me on ;) ;D   But thank you for your kind words, you and Marshal Will both.

Gun Butcher

Well, youall asked for it. The picture is about 6 yrs old and I don't have on the war shirt , but every thing I do have on was made by me. 

GunClick Rick

All right now,which bag has the pint in it Laddy.Stand up strieght and walk proud like the good protestant you arrre now

It was down by the glenside
where i met an old woman
she was pickin young nettles
and she nare saw me comin
I listened awhile~~~
to the tuns she was hummin
Glory Oh Glory Oh~~~
To the Bold Finnian Men
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

GB thats a real nice get up you are wearing. Good job. KT

Slowhand Bob

My my, why your looking right smart there GB, now me, I have to go with the wide angle lens for anything up close and personal on myself.  This is my thought on wearing hidden suspenders, if I can not use a hydraulic jack to cinch my belt with, well once the pants slip from the peak they got no where but down.  Did you do the pants pattern yourself or were they purchased.  I like the fly front.

Gun Butcher

The pattern I made from newspaper, at least the first one. Got her where I thought she was right and then very carefully tried them on.

Ricky,me bucko, the wee bit o' spring water that I always had about me person is on a string around me neck. Hidden away don't ya know ;)

I suppose you could say I am one of those poeple who tries things just to find out what I don't know about them ;D

outrider

TW,
I think the reason we look heavier in photographs is that we are in a 3 dimensional medium...cameras take photos in a 2 dimensional medium..just my opinion
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com