Does Anyone Remember?

Started by Ned Buckshot, December 27, 2009, 12:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Buckshot

The TV show "Branded"?

If you do you will remember the broken sword he carried in every show I've seen. What kind of sheath if any did he carry that in?

I'm getting ready to cut a sword down and try and reproduce it.

Thanks in Advance! ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Ned, I remember Branded very well, Chuck Connors stared in it, I'm not totally sure on this, but I think he carried it in a brass ring or something like it, but I believe it was open, and no sheath, but I'm not 100% sure ::) ???

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ned Buckshot

Thanks Tw.

I just did a google searcrh everywy possible I think and all I can find is a one line mention of Branded as being one of his longest roles? (Less than 2 years)

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Ned I just watched several movie clips of Branded, and it doesn't appear that he even wore the sword very much, but in one clip it looks like he pull it from between his gun belt and pants, in all the clips I watched , there wasn't any sheath. hope this helped, there wasn't even a brass loop or anything like it,the sword was just stuck between his belt.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Ned, I always thought it was Chuck Conners best role.  And I agree with Ten Wolves He only wore it under his belt.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

I remember the series but not the sword. I did a search to see if I could find a picture of it but didn't find any. This is an interesting project.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy
Check out this clip. He does have a sheath. You can't really see it but he is putting the sword in one.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well he sure has a sheath in this clip, ::) I guess he didn't carry it in all his episodes, and I thought I had looked at all of them on the net. :-[ the sheath looks very simple, Good find WC & Rick. ;)

tEN   ;) :D ;D

Gun Butcher

By Gum, WC you are right . Looks like its about 3 to 4 in. long. I shore didn't remember that.  You have amazing search skills my friend. ;D ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

Found this on another forum,figured you would at least have to have metal; at the top.

Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboywc

Quote from: Gun Butcher on December 27, 2009, 07:33:28 PM
  By Gum, WC you are right . Looks like its about 3 to 4 in. long. I shore didn't remember that.  You have amazing search skills my friend. ;D ;D

Howdy GB
I'd say you're right about the size.
WC

JD Alan

WC, where do you find this stuff?

I vaguely remember the show because I was a fan of Chuck Connors; never missed an episode of Rifleman. I sure don't remember a sword. Shoot, I don't remember what I had for lunch  :o
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Gun Butcher

Ha, I don't know about you JD but lunch is a lot harder to remember than something from 40 years ago ??? :o ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the video, WC. I remember seeing that episode. That slip-through would be an easy thing to copy.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

I've had time to think about this pards, now I know I looked at a good half a dozen clips of Chuck Connors in Branded, and I never saw that sheath, not once, he did pull it out in a bar room fight, but the sheath wasn't on his gun belt or any where else, I think  WC, knowing just how good he is, WC must have slipped in there and attached that sheath while Chuck wasn't looking, What you all think???? ??? ::) :o 8)

tEN  8) ;) :D ;D

Dr. Bob

NEVER argue with a Moderator! ::) :o ;D ;)
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ned Buckshot

Thanks for all the help guys! ;D

Now at least I have a dirrection to go.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

cowboywc

In another clip with Johnny Crawford it looked like he was carrying it on the left side of his saddle as he rode away.
WC

Ned Buckshot

Well it looks like it won't be much of a leather project but it'll stll be fun to do I think and I've got to stay busy or I'll go completely nuts! Instaed of just partially insane! ::) ::)

I've had the sword over 15 years, never did have the scabbard for it so it's always been my plan to do this.

It's been a great exchange and alot of fun to talk about.

Can you think of any other "memorable" knives from TV or old big screen westerns?

You guys are the BEST! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com