Previous topic - Next topic

White Buffalo Chip

Howdy folks,
I hope everyone is doing fine today. At the sale
(Tandy)yesterday a spool of artificial sinew followed
me home, is it tougher than the wax thread, seems
to be a tad thicker. TIA :)

WBC
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

Gun Butcher

WBC, I would not say it is tougher than the wax thread but it is a little heavier and gives a completely different look when you use it. I have used it alot for mountain man type gear as it looks more period correct.
You can also seprate it into smaller strands for use in bead work.
It will tend to "fuzz up" when you are sewing with it so I don't use it on cowboy gear unless I am going for that look or beading a piece.
As Ten wolves says "Thats all I think I know ". hope that helped.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

White Buffalo Chip

Thanks GB,
I'm experimenting on a 1911 holster for my own use.
It definately looks different than waxed thread stitching
and it is really wierd looking when using a 4 prong
diamond chisel, course that could be my stitching. Oh
well we'll see how this turns out. Thanks again.

WBC
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

Gun Butcher

Experimentation is what keeps use fresh. Let use know how it turns out.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

I used to make alot of dreamcatchers and the sinew i was getting kept breaking on me about halfway through the project.Been thinkin about makin some more dream catchers and hopin quality has gone up on the makins.If anybody out there has long scraps of buckskin or elk i'd buy some.I would like to get something to make fring too.The thinner stuff is the best to go around the crcle or ring.
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com