Filigree Rigs

Started by Kid Terico, December 24, 2009, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Terico

How many pards have a filigree rig or sheath like CWC is putting together? KT

Gun Butcher

Kid ,I have done a few filigree belts and a sheath with a simple filigree but nothing like WC's.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Terry, I never even would have thought of it  ??? :-X :-\ :-[ ;) :D

tEN  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Heres the one I have. Its completely cot out . Any back ground is inlaid in a burgundy color.Each leaf and flower is cut  on holster and belt. KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Kid

So you're saying the back ground isn't stamped on the holster or belt, and you cut each and every flower out and cemented each one to a purple background that you attached to the front or finished side, just curious, was there a reason to not just background stamp the leather and then color it by hand, or did you just want to see if you could do it this way, you're not only the King of BLING, but also the King of inlay, WOW. ::) 8)

Respectfully yours

tEN wOLVES   ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Here is the only one of the belts that I still have, made it  30 years ago for my wife when we first got married. She has only worn it about 10 times but it has pride of place amongst her special keepsakes. So I guess I did good.
As you can see it was tooled and then cut out and backed with a lite brown buckskin
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Kid Terico

TW after u cut it out like WC did you put the color of inlay accross the whole piece, glue it  and then you line it as usual and sew it.. WC said he is using white snake , a great choice. Mine is 2 to 3 oz rough side out dyed magohany. You would not have the depth if stamped, also it is natural. Watch when WC gets his done , great depth and back ground , going will be awesome. . I can picture it done in my head and it is worth waiting for. 
GB thats a nice job. Not to many people doing it. You should do another one.  KT

Dave Cole

Ok Kid, after our earlier chat,I am going to do one.Looks like fun.Dave ;D

Kid Terico

Dave I know if any one can do it u can. Maybe the double lace and filigree would look good on my new knife sheath??? KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

GB & Kid, beautiful work, that's really something, I never would have thought of doing something like this, it does give a lot of depth and 3-d effect, you know you really have to love leather work/craft, you can learn something new every day, and I like that. I know WC's will be Awesome, I'll have to stop in before he finishes this holster, it will be hot for sure. ::)

Thanks for sharing Pards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

JD Alan

Terry, that is a VERY fine looking rig.

GB, I love buckstitching, and that belt you made is a real winner

Thanks guys for sharing your work, it is truly inspiring. 
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice work, pards. Thanks for sharing. I've never thought of trying to do a filigree piece. May have to do that some time.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

cowboywc

Howdy
Here are a couple of old pieces I did. Mine has natural colored 2oz veg and Sandi's has red dyed 2oz veg under the filigree.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Gun Butcher

Great looking belts WC

Kid Terico

WC that is some nice work. KT

JD Alan

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Cool belts, WC. That filigree can grow on you. Not as a belt, of course, those usually shrink. For most of us, anyway. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Kid Terico

Marshall I liked that one so much I had to read it twice.  ;D ;D ;D  KT

Gun Butcher

Well, I been sitting here looking at WC's new rig and thinking.    Dangerous combination ;)       And then the Kid says I oughta make another one.    I think he might be a leathercraft pusher 8) ;) ;D

So anyway, I came up with a pattern and after a little trip to Tandy in the morning to take advantage of the big sell they have going on, I think I will give it a try. I don't need to spend the money but this is one chance I ain't going to miss.

I will let you guys be the judge when it gets done

Dave Cole

GB, I know your right about the Kid, and he sits back and snickers at all of us while we try all this stuff.Gotta love the Kid for that ;D.I am dabbling with one myself. I find the filigree part easier than the carving,because I am so rusty at it.Dave ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com