Finest Pair of Colt Engraved 1861 Navy Revolvers Known to Exist

Started by Shotgun Steve, December 23, 2009, 11:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun Steve

(Basically New in the Box).
"Presented to Gen. Robert Anderson, U.S.A.
with compliments of
Colt's Pt. F.A.Mfg. Co."
Anderson was the heroic defender of Fort Sumter at the commencement of Civil War. These guns, presented to Gen Anderson in 1863, reflect the finest Colt craftmanship and artistic abilities of the period. They further reflect Colt's understanding of the significance and importance of this man to the country in terms of patriotism and his heoric efforts during the outbreak of this tragic conflict. The refinement and detail of the decoration and the extraordinary original condition are simply breathtaking. Serial No. 12400 & 12401 Including Sword, Medals, Pictures & Gilmore Medal
(Est. $1,250,000-$2,250,000)
(Dr. Murphy Collection)

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Forty Rod

I notice they are provided with an extra pair of trigger / bolt springs, main springs, hands with springs, and nipples, along with two tins of caps, two packs of foil-wrapped cartridges, a nipple wrench, a two cavity bullet mould, and a powder flask with an unusual angled spout. 

Very nice indeed.

If only I hadn't spent all of my ready cash for Christmas..... ;)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Steel Horse Bailey

That spout is VERY Colt.  But no, you can't screw it in and out to change it.  Like the repro Italian spouts on their flasks.

;)

I THINK this is my Christmas present from my wonderful, loving wife this year ... that I'm not supposed to know about.

Or not.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com