Need source for sterling silver loop back conchos for spur straps

Started by Sacramento Johnson, December 21, 2009, 08:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacramento Johnson

Howdy!
Am looking to dress up some dove wing spur straps with some sterling silver conchos.  Used to go to Frank Schultz Of Bitterrroot Bit and Spur, but he's no longer in the business.  Tried some Schaezlein, very nice but they are ridiculously priced nowadays, atleast from California Classics.  Don't want plate or overlay, rather the real thing, in a 2 inch or plus diameter, in an old timey design.  Any recommedndations?
Thanks!

FEATHERS

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Sacramento Johnson  8)

We have a Silver Smith here in Chatsworth, which is here in So. California, they do beautiful work. here is their link.

http://www.silverkinginc.com/

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

ChuckBurrows

With Sterling hovering around $20.00 an ounce these days all the good ones are going to be pricey.
IMO - having worn spurs for years with big conchos I generally recommend overlay as it doesn't get beat up as bad as solid does since Sterling is fairly soft, UNLESS you can find the heavier cast ones which many of the old time solid Sterling or coin silver originals were.

Take a look at www.diablosilver.com - they only sell wholesale so if you see something you like give me a shout and I'll get you a price.......they sell overlay and solid both......
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Sacramento Johnson

Thanks Pards!

Hi Chuck!  Yes, I know what you mean about sterling silver getting beat up.  That's why I really liked Schultz's work; really thick and sturdy, not to mention beautiful old timey looking.  Haven't seen anybody else's current made stuff that can match it.  (The Schaezlein conchos I picked up last summer were pretty thin in comparison.) I'll give the diablo website a look!

SJ

litl rooster

Try Hitching Post Supply....They use to carry same quality items as Frank Schultz offered.  Did he move back to the Land Down Under?
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com