97 ejector springs; Sources for longer springs?

Started by Fast Enuff, December 17, 2009, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Enuff

Alrighty, my IAC 97 broke the original ejector spring a while back.  I acquired two new springs so I'd have a spare.  I did not get them from IAC.

Here's what's happened:  The shotgun used to throw them across the room with the original ejector spring.  The new ones barely drop them out but they do come out.  However, also new is that the gun tends to hold onto the shells now unless you give it a fairly aggressive rack of the slide.

Temporary no-good Solution:  I put a large black washer on the outside of the spring screw to force the spring to stay farther down (essentially making it longer), and also to increase tension.  The gun now throws them a perfect middle distance and runs REALLY fast.  I'm talking I-love-it-don't-ever-change fast.  It also doesn't hold onto the shells unless I actually soft hand the slide... and I know when I do it.  So I definately know where the goal is.

Question:  Does anyone other than IAC make longer springs?  I don't mind grinding them down myself if too long but I'm concerned about ordering very many from IAC as the first one really didn't last long.

John Taylor

Even the original springs break. You might try Wisner's. I don't think they are any longer but most of the stuff I get from him works fine. http://www.wisnersinc.com/shotguns/winchester/pump.html
John Taylor, gunsmith

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com