Holiday Thread

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, December 16, 2009, 11:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Alan

GREAT picture Curley Cole! I had to e-mail it to my wife, who really loves cats. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

Prettiest cat centerfold i ever saw!! :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on December 17, 2009, 03:01:59 PMGreat shot of the dogs Will, I made a print for my book, Thanks for sharing
Thanks. It's one of my favorites.

Nice cat pic, curley. I like those cats. We have run out of them right now but will be getting re-stocked one of these days.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Kid Terico

Nice picture. Thanks for showing. KT

JD Alan

Marshall Will, I didn't mean to slight your dogs! That's a great snapshot of your guys. I'll bet they have their own stockings. Our cats and dogs always have had. In fact the grandkids wanted the stocking of our last dog who died this past year up on the mantle along with the two cat's stockings!   

FEATHERS

G'Day Marshall Will,If you have run out of cats you could go down to your local Chinese resturant,they always have plenty ;D ;D Feathers

White Buffalo Chip

:DMerry Christmas y'all,
I hope everyone here has a great one.

Feathers , Was this the song you're thinking of??

;DWBC
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

WaddWatsonEllis

The song brought back a memory ....

It was 1970 in Korea ... I was way off the beaten track on my motorcycle ... I might possibly be the first American this town had seen since the 'Police Conflict'.

I was starved, and in the only restaurant I explained in my minimalist Korean that I wanted whatever the waitress thought was good ... I usually have great luck doing this, 'cause they know the menu inside out.

So they brought me this fantastic soup with noodles, bits of vegetables (like bok choy, cabbage et al), but I just couldn't make out the meat ....

When I asked what it was, I was told that they didn't know the name in English ...

'Kay, so I went, "Moo, moo?"

They said 'Annio (no)..."

I said, "oink oink oink?"

They said, "Annio..."

I said, "Pok, pok, pok?" (Okay, chidken doesn't translate into written too well).

The said, "Annio"

So in my best Korean, I asked what I was eating .

They said, "Bark, Bark, Bark"

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: JD Alan on December 19, 2009, 04:34:42 PMMarshall Will, I didn't mean to slight your dogs! That's a great snapshot of your guys. I'll bet they have their own stockings. Our cats and dogs always have had. In fact the grandkids wanted the stocking of our last dog who died this past year up on the mantle along with the two cat's stockings!
Thanks, you didn't slight them. They like cats, too, 'cause they were raised with them. We just recently found ourselves short on 'em. I think they secretly want one for Christmas. The stockings is a cool idea although I'd not try to stuff one with cats. Ouch. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

WWE, GREAT story about eating in Korea. I had dog in Africa a few years ago, and a whole lot of other stuff that I had no idea what it was.
I was in Nigeria preaching at a conference, and one Bible verse I really got to use a lot was 1 Corinthians 10:27 "Whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake."

Dr. Bob

I wish a very Merry Christmas and a 2010 full of shooting and leather work!!

I don't get into Christmas mode till after my birthday - last Thursday.  Seems that I have been busy since and now I have given seasons greetings to a wonderful cyber family!  Y'all are tops!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

WaddWatsonEllis

JD....

Too True... or as the unwritten rule of marriage goes, "Eat what is set before you or you may never get a warm meal again ...' *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

JD Alan

Kid Terico

Cold shoulder and HOT tounge. KT ;)

WaddWatsonEllis

After three failed marriages, I am the prince and unspoken expert of what NOT to do .... *S*

NCOWS #3403

Ned Buckshot

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas........... :P

4" of snow over night with another 18" on it's way between now and Saturday! :(

I really don't like winter anymore. :'(

Merry Christmas everyone! ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

outrider

Merry Christmas to all

Ned...come south...the best day of my life was the day I sold my snowblower ;D ;D

Dr. Bob...Happy B-Day to you sir
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ned Buckshot

I can't wait to get back to New Mexico. I lived outside of Albuquerque for a couple of years and absolutly LOVED it.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

WaddWatsonEllis

Merry Christmas to you all ....

NCOWS #3403

cowboywc

Howdy Ned
Come to sunny So. Cal. 75 here !
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com