Longer Shotgun Barrels

Started by Steel Horse Bailey, December 15, 2009, 08:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Horse Bailey

I'm posting this here 'cause I shoot (almost exclusively) BP shells from my Tula shotgun.

My Tula is one of the older TOZ66s, made (at least) before 1989.  (It says "made in USSR" and since the USSR dissolved in the 1989-90 timeframe ... )

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get a set of longer barrels for it?  It's a 12 ga.  I know that Tula makes a 16 ga with full size barrels - my pard, Jed Cooper has one.  I'm looking for 26" to 28" barrels, if possible.  Mine is the Coachgun version (which is obvious from the picture  ;) ) and has an 18" set with Mod. choke on the right barrel and IC on the left.  Believe it or not, the chokes actually work some.  To a point. A bit.  It's a great gun - in spite of the fact the Commies made it, and I don't want to get rid of it.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Jeff  "Steel Horse Bailey"

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Tequila Jim

I don't have an answer for you Pard, them double guns are sort of one of a kind. Might try and contact
whomsoever is importing them. Glad to see you posting, seems I here tell you just had surgery . Hope you
are recovering at a fast pace. Regards, YJ

fourfingersofdeath

I think for the cost of the Barrels (if in fact they were available) you would be better off getting another gun. I have an IAC I bought for cowboy action. If is a stoutly made Chinese gun and is a copy of the old Colt shotgun apparently. Mine is a short barrelled job, but maybe they come out in long. Old hammer guns are worth a look if you want long barrels, which is the way they invariably come. I have an old 'London' gun, a cheapie, stout farm gun at the time it looks like with a Damascened barrel, picked up for a song and an old Bonehill with 32" Bbls which belonged to a good friend, it is nitro proofed and I paid wayyyyyyyyy too much for it, but it reminds me of my old mate, so it was worth it.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Tequila Jim on December 16, 2009, 02:01:12 PM
I don't have an answer for you Pard, them double guns are sort of one of a kind. Might try and contact
whomsoever is importing them. Glad to see you posting, seems I here tell you just had surgery . Hope you
are recovering at a fast pace. Regards, YJ

Thanks, T. Jim.

They took cancer from my Right kidney.  Healing well and glad it's over!

Quote from: fourfingersofdeath on December 16, 2009, 06:07:35 PM
I think for the cost of the Barrels (if in fact they were available) you would be better off getting another gun. I have an IAC I bought for cowboy action. If is a stoutly made Chinese gun and is a copy of the old Colt shotgun apparently. Mine is a short barrelled job, but maybe they come out in long. Old hammer guns are worth a look if you want long barrels, which is the way they invariably come. I have an old 'London' gun, a cheapie, stout farm gun at the time it looks like with a Damascened barrel, picked up for a song and an old Bonehill with 32" Bbls which belonged to a good friend, it is nitro proofed and I paid wayyyyyyyyy too much for it, but it reminds me of my old mate, so it was worth it.

I'm afraid you're right, 4 Fingers - about barrels being about the same as a new gun.  I'd love to find a 10 ga. underhammer gun.  Fun gun!

Merry Christmas to you all!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

fourfingersofdeath

Quote from: fourfingersofdeath on December 16, 2009, 06:07:35 PM
I think for the cost of the Barrels (if in fact they were available) you would be better off getting another gun. I have an IAC I bought for cowboy action. If is a stoutly made Chinese gun and is a copy of the old Colt shotgun apparently. Mine is a short barrelled job, but maybe they come out in long. Old hammer guns are worth a look if you want long barrels, which is the way they invariably come. I have an old 'London' gun, a cheapie, stout farm gun at the time it looks like with a Damascened barrel, picked up for a song and an old Bonehill with 32" Bbls which belonged to a good friend, it is nitro proofed and I paid wayyyyyyyyy too much for it, but it reminds me of my old mate and I was glad to see him get a bit of a leg up with setting up in the retirement home. The dealer is a mutual friend and contacted all of our group and made sure his guns were sold at a premium, so it was worth it.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com