What are you guys yappin about

Started by GunClick Rick, December 14, 2009, 10:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Duncan

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on December 15, 2009, 07:22:21 PM... I know exactly how the scientific community can measure -- and in fact has measured -- the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide present each year for many thousands of years...

How?
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

GunClick Rick

I met that Hawk the other day Daniel,his name is Tommy :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: GunClick Rick on December 16, 2009, 01:32:46 PM
I met that Hawk the other day Daniel,his name is Tommy :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[Actually, HER name is Tammy...  ;)]

River City John

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on December 15, 2009, 07:22:21 PM
I quoted reputable scientific sources to support my statement; sources that are considered reputable by anyone who isn't prepared to claim that the majority of the scientific community including NASA, the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, and such publications as Scientific American, Nature, National Geographic, et al, are in some sort of fantastic conspiracy.

Thanks for the reminder, Daniel. I suggested to my wife that she renew our subscription to Scientific American as one of my gifts this year.
And by golly if she didn't do just that! (Note to self, be sure and act surprised Christmas morning. ;D)
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Daniel Nighteyes

Thanks, River City John!  (And I'm sure you can pull off the surprised act just fine...)

By the way, here's another neighbor of mine, a Says Phoebe:

Curley Cole

Very COOL picture, to be sure

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Curley Cole on December 16, 2009, 04:59:03 PM
Very COOL picture, to be sure

curley

Thanky kindly, Curley.  Here's my favorite "neighbor" picture.  SWMBO is holding out a peanut for our best Scrub Jay friend,  whom we've named Jayson.  (Please pardon the trash in the yard.  We'd been pruning the bushes on the hill, and hadn't yet picked up the debris...)

GunClick Rick

I'll have to tell ya the story of Hawkeye some day.Hawk i raised about 30 years ago,he was cool..I even taught him to hunt mice.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dr. Bob

While I was out in the yard today a golden eagle soared over head.  Not a regular, and I didn't have a camera. :'(  It was neat considering that I live between I-70 & US 40 Highway in a suburb.  Several county lakes a bit east and the Missouri River 6 miles north.  Really cool though!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

GunClick Rick

Where old Daniel lives he probably sees more wild life than i do.My cousin live in Glendale on a hill and has all kids of animals around,my brother lived in Tapanga Canyon area for awhile and had racoons everywhere.They didn't have none of these though!

Bunch a ole scudders!

Dr. Bob

Ricky,

I think I used to hunt those when I was a pup! ::) :o ::) :D  The hard part was sneaking up to club range! ;D ;) ;D :D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: GunClick Rick on December 16, 2009, 09:47:46 PM
Where old Daniel lives he probably sees more wild life than i do.

There's a beautiful Cooper's Hawk that regularly patrols around here.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to capture a pic of her.  Cooper's Hawks mostly hunt other birds, so usually she flies low and fast through the yards, just barely above the privacy fences, looking to catch a dove or something on the ground.  We had to stop putting out birdseed because of her. 

By the way, I thought for a second this morning that we had one of those saber-toothed felines in the house.  Just before the alarm went off, Luna knocked over the lamp on SWMBO's bedside table.  Plumb scared the daylight into me!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com