What are you guys yappin about

Started by GunClick Rick, December 14, 2009, 10:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Daniel Nighteyes

The first paragraph of a recent article in Scientific AmericanAlthough most scientists are convinced that global warming is very real, a few still harbor doubts. But a new report, based on an analysis of infrared long-wave radiation data from two different space missions, may change their minds. "These unique satellite spectrometer data collected 27 years apart show for the first time that real spectral differences have been observed, and that they can be attributed to changes in greenhouse gases over a long time period," says John Harries, a professor at Imperial College in London and lead author of the study published today in Nature.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=more-proof-of-global-warm

======================================================

The opening sentence in a 2004 National Geographic article:  Dawn strikes the mountains rising above St. Mary's Lake in Montana's Glacier National Park. When the park was created in 1910, it had 150 glaciers. Now it has 30 glaciers, significantly reduced in size.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/12/photogalleries/global_warming/

In a 2003 NASA article, note the photographs of the North Polar ice cap in 1979 and 2003.
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2003/1023esuice.html

With all due respect, you can continue poking fun at the message simply because of who delivered it, but the impact continues to grow.  Its true that you are not likely to have to face the full consequences -- but your children and grandchildren will.

Dr. Bob

May well be global warming.  Hardly any increase in average temp. in the past 10 years.

Astronomers report that the temp on Mars has risen at the same rate as here on Earth.  Mars has no internal combustion engines, cows, humans to cause that.  Could it be the cycle of the SUN?  Looks like a good explanation to me.  BTW where some of the glaciers have retreated, there are remains of forests!  It has been warmer in the past, also without internal combustion engines.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Delmonico

Us old pharts are still waitin' for the next ice agewe were gonna have,, member they promised that back in the late 60's-early 70's. 

Study the climate of the earth, it has made big swings long before man. 

Who wants grape Kool-aid, it's now bein' served. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Delmonico

Quote from: GunClick Rick on December 15, 2009, 05:02:23 PM
Well ya got to melt a little ice so the clouds can soak up the water,but ya don't want to use current supply so ya melt some iceburgs and such.Now when it rains good again,it will snow good again,makes more ice.Ain't GOD good :)

Yep and I learned long ago not to run everytime some self centered person Chicken Little said the sky is falling.  "member ol Owl G is the guy who wrote the book and made the movie tellin' how us nasty folks is ruinin' the planet with our "carbon foot print."  "course he flew his Lear out to Cally-forn-yeah to get his "Major Prize."  Can't remember, was it a gold stat-you or was it a leg lamp. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Daniel Nighteyes

L love it when you fellas make my point for me!!!! ;D

Delmonico

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on December 15, 2009, 05:32:39 PM
L love it when you fellas make my point for me!!!! ;D

Sorry the point is that you need to study the climate changes though out the eons, were here long before man and will be here long after.  It's called being duped and some of us ain't gonna fall for it, like the masses of Lemmings.  Yes we need to do better, but we sure as hell don't need a bounch of folks with double standards lieing to get us to do it.

By the way howed they get to their big conferance, doubt they wallked, but I guess they think they are better than us, do as I say, not what I do, if you can't see that, go ahead, jump off the cliff with the Lemmings.

BTW how good are you doin', I see you here on the net, so yer leavin' a pretty big carbon footprint. ;)  Lets see, don't you own an older SUV, how about we spend a week with you, see how good you really are.  Sorry I don't like double standards and I smell some comin' my way, maybe not as bad as AG, but I don't think I'm wrong. >:(
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

There are other issues,guys.  Like poisoning our water and destroying the forests that help good ol' Earth to breath.

There is no excuse whatsoever to pile up our garbage so high!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Delmonico on December 15, 2009, 05:50:52 PM
Sorry the point is that you need to study the climate changes though out the eons, were here long before man and will be here long after. 

Sorry, the point is that I actually have studied the data regarding climate changes through the eons. For example, I know exactly how the scientific community can measure -- and in fact has measured -- the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide present each year for many thousands of years.

I quoted reputable scientific sources to support my statement; sources that are considered reputable by anyone who isn't prepared to claim that the majority of the scientific community including NASA, the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, and such publications as Scientific American, Nature, National Geographic, et al, are in some sort of fantastic conspiracy.

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Sir Charles deMouton-Black on December 15, 2009, 07:07:41 PM
There are other issues,guys.  Like poisoning our water and destroying the forests that help good ol' Earth to breath.

There is no excuse whatsoever to pile up our garbage too high!

Agreed.  Absolutely agreed.

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Delmonico on December 15, 2009, 05:50:52 PM
BTW how good are you doin', I see you here on the net, so yer leavin' a pretty big carbon footprint. ;)  Lets see, don't you own an older SUV, how about we spend a week with you, see how good you really are. 

C'mon over, Del, but be sure to bring your bicycle.  I put from 40 to 60 miles per week on mine, including trips to the grocery store, post office, bank, hardware store, etc.  I've put less than 2000 miles on my 1998 Explorer in the last five months.  The electricity we use is Green and we're using less and less of it every year.  We're also avid recyclers including yard waste.

So how're YOU doin'?   :D

Delmonico

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on December 15, 2009, 07:22:21 PM
Sorry, the point is that I actually have studied the data regarding climate changes through the eons. For example, I know exactly how the scientific community can measure -- and in fact has measured -- the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide present each year for many thousands of years.

I quoted reputable scientific sources to support my statement; sources that are considered reputable by anyone who isn't prepared to claim that the majority of the scientific community including NASA, the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, and such publications as Scientific American, Nature, National Geographic, et al, are in some sort of fantastic conspiracy.

So have you got proof those sources are reliable, sorry look close it's starting to unravel like some of the same sources who predicted the next Ice Age before the 21st Century.

And yes you are right Sir Charles, but we don't need duped into doing stuff by lies, lies damage more than they help.

BTW Dan, how do your sources explain how in my state alone it used to be both tropical and covered with ice, before man or before man was plentyful enough to be more than a pimple on earth?

Remember, reliable scientist once told folks that traveling over 50 mph woukl kill us.

Oh you mean the Liberals that tell me I'm bad for driving just a few miles more a week in my pick-up, but use far more fuel per week in their little car are usin' double standards?

Sorry you take the bicycle, remember I'm not the one buying into this, you might be surprised how good I am also, but by choice not from someone nagging me, us folks with rural roots from the prairie have been pretty good at this long before any of the naggers were born.

BTW how did these guys get to their conferance where they are tellin' us how bad we are.  Sorry double standards don't hold with me, they could do it by video, but no they choose to travel so they can I presume party together.  Like I said, I know bull shit when I smell it, smelled a lot of it in recent years. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Cactus Rope

First off my first name isn't Chicken. I never said such a darn thing like that at all!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cactus Rope aka Bob LITTLE no relation to Chicken.
NRA * GAF * NCOWS *

"Every oncet in a while, you have to step in it to learn the lesson."

Dr. Bob

Sir Chas.,

I agree with those items.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.