Smith & Wesson modèle Russian

Started by Shotgun Steve, December 08, 2009, 12:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun Steve

There is something about these revolvers that just says...BUY ONE!!! ;D I wish I could!!!! ;D
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Pancho Peacemaker

I find the No. 3 Russian a real looker.  The guard spur and the backstrap spur give it an air of Victorian style. 

If Zorro was around in the 1870's, he'd have carried a Russian.

I recently traded for an Uberti Russian in .45 LC.  It's as pleasing to behold has it is to shoot. 
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

kflach

Are these the guns that the "Russian" cartridges were originally designed for?

Books OToole

Quote from: kflach on December 08, 2009, 03:18:20 PM
Are these the guns that the "Russian" cartridges were originally designed for?

Yes.

The picture shows 2nd* & 3rd model "Russians."  The 1st model Russian looks just like a S & W American; but it is chambered for the S & W Russian cartridge.

Books

* The nickle plated one is the 2nd model.  (Note the longer ejector housing.)
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Regret Chancy

I have a pair of the Navy Arms version in 44 Russian. Went to a couple of local gundealers and was told that there is no market for them ::) BUT they would be happy to take my Sharps for $250 ??? just to help me out >:(. I sort of let them know what I thought about them helping me out like that. It would take a lifetime to get past being bent over that way ::) Even if they were helping me out. The Russians are an excellent pistol for the Western crowd if you want pistols to shoot but not if you want to twirl 'em around and showboat. Just my opinion of course. RC
"Aint nothing better than riding a fine horse into new country"

Mossyrock

One of the coolest revolvers I have ever seen was a second model Russian with the barrel cut back to the ejector, the spur removed, engraved and nickeled with ivories.  It had been a Texas Sheriff's carry gun back in the '30s.  I saw it at a Tucson gunshow about 15 years ago.  I have lusted after that gun ever since.  It haunts me.....   :(
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com