Sheath for my Texas Toothpick.....

Started by Arizona Cattleman, December 06, 2009, 07:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona Cattleman

I am not sure I did a great job on this, looks good but the knife is hard to get in.  Need to add some longer copper rivets than I have to protect the stiching and try to wet mold to the blade.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Kid Terico

AC dont know how the knife fits but its a nice lookin sheath. Like the fringe. KT

Arizona Cattleman

Kid, I got so much leather in this it's over a half inch thick.  I lined it and I think that was where I should have just used spacers instead of a lining.  I think I can fix it but I'll have to remove the stiching and cut out some of the lining.  First I am going to try to wet mold it, by wrapping tape around the blade to make it thicker.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

It looks very nice AC, you did a good job on putting it together, like that fringe, if you wrapped the blade in tape, just let it camp out in the sheath for a while, and the leather should train itself over time.

tEN wOLVES  ;)  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

AC you should have put in a spacer but I agree with TW. He taught me the trick of wrapping your gun or knife if it is a little tight and it will stretch and keep its larger size. Might take a few days or more but it works good. Will save you the work of taking it apart.I didnt think I was smart enough to learn But TW is a great teacher. Thanks TW. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

That looks good, AC. The dark sheath with the contrasting fringe is a nice look. The tape should work fine. I've fit them by just wet molding it and working the knife in it until it loosens up.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

Nice work AC. That is going to work real well with that big ol' pigsticker. Just do all of us a big favor and don't ever squat down with that thing on yer hip.  ;) :o ;D
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Arizona Cattleman

I designed it to fit cross draw on my gun belt on the back at a cant, to clear the saddle.   Still awfull big.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ned Buckshot

I'm jealous AC I wish I could reach that far around! ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

JD Alan

If you ever get in a tight situation, you won't need a gun if you have that knife with you. Just draw it out, and the bad guys will fall over in a dead faint out of fear! You did good on that sheath. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Kid Terico

AC dont listen to those guys. Its not that big , on the other hand if u get bucked off your horse you can save money by not having to buy a cane, you already got one. :) :D ;D KT

Forty Rod

I have a serious question: why a safety strap on a knife that long? 
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Arizona Cattleman

;D Don't want know one to sneak up behind me an pull it, covering all my bases...Ha Ha!

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Forty Rod

If they're good enough to sneak up on you that close they can kill you with a stick and take the knife off your carcass at their leisure.  ;D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Dave Cole

Nice looking sheath, and I like the knife,wouldn't want to make it, but I like it. Dave  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com