Nice Louisiana Bowie

Started by Shotgun Steve, December 06, 2009, 10:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun Steve

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

James Hunt

Very similar if not exactly the same as a blade long offered by DGW and perhaps still so. Reputedly a copy of the original sanbar fight balde described by Rezin Bowie to be:

"The length of the blade was nine and one-quarters inches, its width one and one-half inches, single edged and not curved"  - reference just about any source on James Bowie.

The picture is interesting, is there any indication of its age - original, vintage (and today that could mean the 1960's) or repro? Still an interesting picture, anyone wanting to duplicate it should visit DGW on-line catalog to see if they still have the blade and handle parts.
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

Dr. Bob

That grip looks like it would be a bit hard on the hand!
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

kflach

I kinda like the rivets (?) on the grip. They look like they'd make the knife more secure when slicing or slashing. I suppose if you stabbed and hit something hard and your hand wasn't pressed up against the guard they might grate against your hand uncomfortably though.

Will Ketchum

In any vigorous knife fight there is a lot of blood.  This handle would appear to help keep the hand from slipping.  Not a pleasant thought but think of the OJ crime scene.  One doesn't participate in a knife fight and come out clean, even if you don't get cut.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com