Holster Help

Started by triple w, December 04, 2009, 08:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple w

I've been trying to reading up on the guns and leather for NCOWS and was wondering if this holster is acceptable for NCOWS, or will I need to make another one?

TW

BOLD# 986, STORM# 352,   The Winchester 1876 Society,
1860 Henry Rifle Shooters Roster #123, Spencer Shooting Society #318

Major 2

Looks fine & looks well made  ... It's a Slim Jim
I like a deeper recurve myself , like these by Dave Carrico

But My favorite is my single
when planets align...do the deal !

Ottawa Creek Bill

Triple W......it looks like a standard slim jim except it looks too small for your revolver? Most holsters of the period also covered the trigger guard....someone with more knowledge of holster types will have to chime in here.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

River City John

Reminds me a bit of the experimental Miller-Fechet type of military holster as far as the throat curve across the cylinder.

Looks good, WWW. Certainly good for NCOWS.
RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

triple w

Quote from: Ottawa Creek Bill on December 04, 2009, 08:51:09 PM
Triple W......it looks like a standard slim jim except it looks too small for your revolver? Most holsters of the period also covered the trigger guard....someone with more knowledge of holster types will have to chime in here.

Bill

I made this one for a buddy's open top a while back, so I'll just dig out that pattern and do a couple in brown for my conversions.
  ;)

Dr. Bob

WWW,

That looks real good!! Can't go wrong with that style!  Great to see another felloow that wants to be NCOWS PC!!  Thanks for caring!! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Major 2

when planets align...do the deal !

triple w

Thanks guys, now all I have to do is figure out who/what I'm going to portray. ;D

"Y'a got'a love a hobby that makes y'a feel so good"

Irish Dave

I was thinking that our holsters were expected to cover (or at least reach up to) half of the trigger guard.  If I'm remembering that correctly, that would make the first photo not legal, but the second one perfectly acceptible.

Then again, I could be mistaken. If so, someone will graciously correct me I'm quite certain. ;)

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

River City John

Quote from: Irish Dave on December 05, 2009, 03:09:37 PM

I was thinking that our holsters were expected to cover (or at least reach up to) half of the trigger guard.  If I'm remembering that correctly, that would make the first photo not legal, but the second one perfectly acceptible.

Then again, I could be mistaken. If so, someone will graciously correct me I'm quite certain. ;)

"Holsters: No belt holster shall be lined with metal, plastic, or any non-leather material to make it easier to extract or re-holster revolver. Cloth Lining shall be acceptable. No holster shall be lower than the leading, forward edge of the trigger guard in the trigger area and no lower than the midpoint of the trigger guard over the cylinder or at the leading edge of the holster. Holster shall be attached to belt by a loop over the entire belt, i.e., no slotted belt (buscadero rigs). No holster may be tied to the leg."

By this description triple w's holster passes muster.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Skeeter Lewis

Holsters that revealed the whole trigger guard were so rare as to be virtually unknown in the 19th century. In fact, revolvers rode well down in the sheath. Packing Iron makes that very clear.

The second holster looks good.

Trap

All holsters pictured are NCOWS legal.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Irish Dave

Hmmmm. Guess I stand corrected. Thanks, pards.
NCOWS Marshal Retired
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

triple w

Well I put together a new Slim Jim for my 1860 conversions, made it to match my knife sheath. Both are "Chocolate Brown" and I think will leave little doubt as to fitting the holster guidelines, besides .... it was a excuse to make another holster!! ;D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skeeter Lewis

Very nice, the whole package.

Irish Dave

NCOWS Marshal Retired
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

triple w

Dr. Bob

WOW! ;D  I'll be sending my address by PM and am looking forward the the whole outfit! ;) :D  Can't blame a feller for trying! ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Deadwood

Now THAT is a damn fine , honest rig.

Wanna do a slim Jim for a '60 Army percussion revolver ?

MD

triple w

Sent you a PM Marshal.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com