Question-Actually Two Questions

Started by Old Doc, December 01, 2009, 10:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Doc

Are there any events in SASS that don't require two pistols, a rifle and a shotgun. Are there no events for say just pistol or just rifle. Second question: Why are Model 97 shotguns loaded over the top one shell at a time, when lever action rifles are loaded from the tubular magazine?

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

1.  Check out NCOWS, Working Cowboy.

2.  Shotgun loading procedures are meant to level the playing field in competition with side-by-side doubles.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

River City John

And again, NCOWS rules allow you to load the '97 or '86 shotgun up to the amount of rounds indicated by stage instructions.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

J.D. Yellowhammer

Quote from: Old Doc on December 01, 2009, 10:00:15 AM
Are there any events in SASS that don't require two pistols, a rifle and a shotgun. Are there no events for say just pistol or just rifle. Second question: Why are Model 97 shotguns loaded over the top one shell at a time, when lever action rifles are loaded from the tubular magazine?

Second question:  You can load 2 rounds in 97's at many SASS matches. One in the chamber and one in the tube.  You can't load more than two because that's unfair to the side by sides.
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Driftwood Johnson

QuoteAre there any events in SASS that don't require two pistols, a rifle and a shotgun. Are there no events for say just pistol or just rifle. Second question: Why are Model 97 shotguns loaded over the top one shell at a time, when lever action rifles are loaded from the tubular magazine?

Howdy

Very few. There are often side match events at larger matches and regional competitions, and these can be for just pistol, rifle or shotgun, as well as long range rifles, but these are side matches, not main match events. Side matches like these do not occur at all CAS matches, just usually at the larger events. Pretty much, for Main Match events, it is two pistols, a rifle and a shotgun.

Although the '97 shooters are allowed to load two rounds, most of the guys who are really good can get off two shots quicker by loading the gun singly, than by taking the time to stuff two into the magazine. All loading and shooting of shotguns is done on the clock, unlike pistols and rifles which are loaded off the clock.
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com