Looking for an honest and reasonable FFL in Phoenix, AZ

Started by Arizona Cattleman, November 29, 2009, 07:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona Cattleman

If any one has done business with an FFL in the Phoenix area I would appreciat the reference.  I would prefer to get someone ya all have used than pick from a list.  Thanks in advance.  Just purchased a Uberti from Major 2 and need to have it shipped.
If this is the wrong place to post this I appologize.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

J.D. Yellowhammer

Cattleman,

I lived there for 5 years and bought quite a few guns.  I'll look in my archives to see if I can come up with a name.  I do know that I've used Kats before. He works out of his house, and he's honest but kind of a crank (grouchy?).  I can't remember his rates, but I believe he has a discount for NRA members.

JD
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

J.D. Yellowhammer

I'll have to poke around on some old computer cd's (where I back up and save old info in case of crashes, new hard drives, etc.). I'll try to get the info in the morning.

Here's a link to Kats: http://www.katsko.net/  I don't know if he still does transfers--he's real persnickety about how he wants the sender and buyer to handle the transaction--very specific requirements but nothing outrageous.  And he can bitch and moan a bit, but you know that every i has been dotted and all t's crossed.

Some more, unasked-for advice: don't ever buy a gun from Spangenburg in Tombstone--they ripped me off good when I was a newbie to cowboy guns.  And Legendary Guns is a great place to look and drool--they have stacks of old and new Colts and fine cowboy guns--but I'd buy elsewhere. They're expensive.
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Hedley Lamarr

Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

JP Riley

Howdy there !

I would try 'Guns Etc." first, I trade with them alot, they are friendly and seem to know there stuff

Next would be "Legendary Guns" they are a bigger outfit but stock a lot of cowboy guns and a little leather

Best of luck, and look me up at the next Rio - Cow town match..

JP Riley

J.D. Yellowhammer

Cattleman, I'm sorry, I've tried to find some ffl records from my Phoenix days and the only ones I found were Kats.  He's still in business if you want to check him out (I don't know if he still does transfers).

http://www.katsko.net/

Legendary Guns is fine, but as I recall they charge the highest rates of any ffl's in the Valley.  You could probably do as well in any gunshop close to your home.

Your best bet would be to check with the club members at Cowtown and Ariz. Cowboy Shooters Assoc.  I'm sure they have club members with ffl's and I wouldn't be surprised if they discount to other club members. Plus, they're a fine bunch of folks!  ;)

Major 2

I shipped the Uberti to 6 Oclock High per AZ's instructions
6 Oclock was quick to Fax his FFL....I on the other hand went off and forgot to take the package with me to work and ship the next day... DoH ! But I made good the next day ...
I would think AZ will be shooting this weekend..God willing and the creek don't rise  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com