Couldn't help it - sewing machine

Started by outrider, November 25, 2009, 02:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

Howdy Pards,

Well I have gone and done it again...I saw this Singer 15-91 (made in the early 50's) and just could not resist it.   For those who don't know this machine it is a industrial strength home machine with a gear drive  (no motor belt) it has all steel gears...no plastic in this one...it has a 1.5 amp motor which makes it a really strong machine capable of sewing through at least 6 thicknesses of denim and at least 3 to 4 layers of 3 oz. leather.  Will do upholstry, canvas, boat cover vinyl, etc. I will use it for my light weight projects.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

JD Alan

That is one cool looking machine Outrider
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice find Outrider, you keep this up and you're going have these sewing machines all sewed up LOL

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

What a cool machine, Outrider. I love those oldies.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

outrider

Thank you gents...by the way..Marshal and Ten Wolves...it's coming out of California...I think San Bernidino.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

That's quite a ways South of me. There are a few in the South but I don't know how far they are from there.

outrider

Marshall,  The machine is coming out of San Rafael...not San Barnidino
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Kid Terico

Outrider, if you were to sew leather not stacked, how many ounce could you sew?  Thanks KT

Marshal Will Wingam

That's closer to San Francisco. It puts you a bit over an hour North of here.

JD Alan

A little useless info: my sister lives in San Rafael, and collects old typewriters.  
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

outrider

KT,

I am not sure I totally understand your question....This little machine will probably sew up to 5 to 6 oz. without a problem...this is a light weight machine...now my Ferdco Pro 2000 on the other hand will sew through 7/8" with no problem.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Kid Terico

Thanks Outrider, u answered  my ? . KT

Major 2

Quote from: JD Alan on November 27, 2009, 09:25:16 AM
A little useless info: my sister lives in San Rafael, and collects old typewriters.  

My ex Brother in Law ..tried to collect dishwashers, ::)  hence the reason the Sister in law divorced him  :-X

Cool machine ...Outrider
when planets align...do the deal !

Springfield Slim

I've got 2 of those, one in the portable domed case and one in a cabinet. I've got 5 other old Singers, including the pedal driven one that this computer is sitting on. Had to do something useful with it, I was running out of room!
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Ace Lungger

Hey there SS,
If you ever run across a commerical treadle assemble, let me know. I have that 29-4 machine put toghter but I need a treadle assemble for it! I also have 3 old singers, but all of them are electric.
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Springfield Slim

I know someone who has the regular Singer treadle assy, but it looks just like mine, made for home use. Just the iron part, the wood fell apart on it 'cause they put it outside.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Ace Lungger

SS,
How much do you think it would cost to ship??? Probaly way to much??? How have you been?
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

TN Mongo

Outrider,

Has your new "toy" arrived yet?

outrider

Mongo,

Yep, she is a humming away too...very quite and runs well now that I have the proper needles for the leather
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com