Previous topic - Next topic

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Arizona Cattleman

Here are some pics of the Bowie Knife.  Got the stuff I shipped from Denver.  I would like to change the handle to a stag handle so if anyone can do that PM Me.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Arizona Cattleman

One More Pic.....

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

AC, your Dads knife cleaned up great, that is an awesome bowie, your Dad would proud to know you are taking care of it the way it should be, your a lucky pard. :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

AC, thats a great looking knife and very unusal. I don't think I would change a thing. It looks like it already has either antler or some kind of bone handle and being so different makes it more valuable. I have looked at a lot of knives over the years and never saw one like that. Treasure it for where it came from and its uniqueness. Its a beauty.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

AC, I took a closer look, and GB is right, it does look like bone, maybe a femur, but either way it would be a shame to change it out, that handle is very unique the way it is, and the knife might be just might be very valuable, messing with the handle could lesson the value quit a bit, just my .02 cents worth.

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Boy what a knife and original,man i would have to put that in a shadow box with a pic of your dad,that is way way cool.

Would i be too far off thinkin that may be a guacho knife? Post that over at the cutting edge,just don't let Delmonico see it :)

That's a keeper just like it is...
Bunch a ole scudders!

Skeeter Lewis

AC the pards are right. Please leave it alone!

Arizona Cattleman

I have to agree, thanks, will keep like it is.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Gun Butcher

Quote from: GunClick Rick on December 02, 2009, 11:03:59 PM
Boy what a knife and original,man i would have to put that in a shadow box with a pic of your dad,that is way way cool.

Would i be too far off thinkin that may be a guacho knife? Post that over at the cutting edge,just don't let Delmonico see it :)

That's a keeper just like it is...

I hate to agree with you know who but he might be right about that knife being of South American origin. Like he said post it over onthe Cutting Edge an let one of the experts take a gander at it.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

When I was doing research about Beluques, I found this excellent treatise on South American Knives .... nevermind what the link says:

http://www.vikingsword.com/ethsword/facon/criollo.html

The authour placed his email on the page, so I figered 'what the heck?' and wrote him  ..... and he actually  returned the email ... he was kind, courteous and was very interested in SASS.

So it might be worth sending him a pic and see what he thinks

FWIW ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Wadd, great article, very informative and love the pics.

\
AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

WaddWatsonEllis

Az,

You're very welcome; it is nice to be able to add sonmething back insteasd of just drooling over all your stuff ...

Just a thought here ... was your father old enough for the Spanish American War or the Phillipine Insurrection?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Arizona Cattleman

;D No, If he was, I would be in my 90"s.  Not ready for that yet, I'm 62, He was born in 1914.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

WaddWatsonEllis

Az,

I kinda had figured, but I had this thory about the knife ....

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com