Great Stuff to show ......

Started by Arizona Cattleman, November 25, 2009, 10:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona Cattleman

Howdy Pards, I am coming to ya from Denver CO where I am visiting my big Sister.  We found a box of old things in the basement crawl space I never new existed from my Father.  There is a pair of old shotgun chaps he wore on the ranch, three bridles and bits, several pairs of spurs and one set is fancy with spur straps and a bowie knife with a blade that is about 15 to 18 inches long with a bone and brass handle.  I am just beside my self with this find.  When I get back to Arizona I'll get some pics up for ya all to see.  Have a happy Thanksgiving and God Bless ya all and your families.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

JD Alan

What a great find Cattleman. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. I hope you have a good time with your family. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Kid Terico

AC thats a great find. Waiting to see it. Have a great Turkey Day. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

Looking forward to those pics, AC. They will be really good to see.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Arizona Cattleman

Well here is some of the stuff I found in Denver that belonged to my Dad.  I am having it shipped to me but these are a few picks I took.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Arizona Cattleman

Well here is some more of the stuff I found in Denver that belonged to my Dad.  

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Arizona Cattleman

SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Kid Terico

AC thats one heck of a nice find. You will have some thing to treasure the rest of your life . Good for you. KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice find AC, you're a lucky son. :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Those are some really cool items. Congrats, AC. Thanks for the pics.

I merged those posts with this thread so everything will be together.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

RollingThunder

Well, I'll be doggone! You never know where you'll find hidden treasure, and it's from your own past too! How about that!

Thanks for sharing that with us pard!
Just because you CAN ride the hide off a horse, doesn't mean you should.

http://www.youtube.com/artroland - The home of Backyard Horsemanship!

Slowhand Bob

WOW,  better than a big dip of tobakky, and if you knew how much I want one sometimes you would understand!  I would take tht big ole knife and get some auto grease oil on it for a short spell, afterwards it will come out with a nice old color.  Is the leather cracking or dusting badly?

GunClick Rick

Dang! :) Any maker marks?Nice spurs and that whip looks like a real good one like hand done,wonder if it;s roo leather?

A tip of the hat and a toast to DAD ;) Looks like he had what he needed.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Arizona Cattleman

Slowhand, the leather is in great condition, still pliable, but has been folded for many years and laying flat, so I don't think it will take much conditioning, also they are rough side out, so I can condition from the inside.  The scabbard is the same but the stiching is rotted, I am redoing that .

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Gun Butcher

Those were some great finds AC and meant to be used with a loving touch. I am sure they will bring back good memories everytime you use them
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

WaddWatsonEllis

Cattleman,

It's one thing to find a great treasure trove of stuff from an era, but to find something that someone you lkenw and loved, well, like the commercial says, Priceless!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

litl rooster

some interesting Bits.... Love the chaps
Mathew 5.9

outrider

AC,

Those items are really a great find and also are family heirlooms...you can possibly pass them along to your children

L'lil Rooster...how you been pardner...are you still up in Virginny?
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ace Lungger

Howdy AC, :)
COOL stuff!! Just like christmas!! I think that is neat that you got your dads gear!! Thanks for sharing!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com