Hunting the 50 yd metal targets (video link added)

Started by Four Sixes, November 24, 2009, 05:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four Sixes

Here is a video of my spencer rifle hunting the 50 yd metal targets...enjoy :P

4-sixes

Have wonderful and safe Thanksgiving :)

Seamus

Yee Ha!!  I took my .45 Colt Spencer carbine to the range last weekend to see how it ejects after having come back from warranty repair.  Ejection problems are mostly gone buit its still stickly.  I was impressed when I benched it & got a 3 round group in the bull of about 1.75 inches at 50 yeards. 

Seamus 

Herbert

Quote from: Four Sixes on November 24, 2009, 05:41:41 PM
Here is a video of my spencer rifle hunting the 50 yd metal targets...enjoy :P

4-sixes

Have wonderful and safe Thanksgiving :)
watching your vidio i noticed your rifle was having the same feeding problems as mine before i modified the cam ,mine now feeds very smoothly an i recomend you do the same you will be amazed at the difrence a couple of minits with a file will make

sharps50/70

Nice video.  Is that an original Spencer rifle?  What caliber are you shooting, 56/50?  Who's conversion breech black are you using?
Rich

Four Sixes

Quote from: sharps50/70 on January 31, 2010, 08:03:55 AM
Nice video.  Is that an original Spencer rifle?  What caliber are you shooting, 56/50?  Who's conversion breech black are you using?
Rich

Thanks Rich. It was the Armi Sport 56/50 rifle. Working on getting some bullets for my original spencer rifle (52 cal). Will post the range test once the weather warms-up :)

Hi Herbert, thanks for the suggestion. I sovled the feeding problem after I resized the brass...just being lazy of not resizing them during reload  :P

Stay warm....4-sixes  ;)

Herbert

Quote from: Four Sixes on February 01, 2010, 11:46:01 AM
Thanks Rich. It was the Armi Sport 56/50 rifle. Working on getting some bullets for my original spencer rifle (52 cal). Will post the range test once the weather warms-up :)

Hi Herbert, thanks for the suggestion. I sovled the feeding problem after I resized the brass...just being lazy of not resizing them during reload  :P

Stay warm....4-sixes  ;)
if you copy the demitions of original cam to armi sports you will notice a much smoother feeding cycle

Glenn

That was great.  I have broken those sort of targets with my '65 rifle, it has quite a whallop.  And yes, mine feeds better.  The Spencer surely rates at the top of my fun to shoot list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com