Merwin, Hulbert & Co revolvers

Started by Stophel, November 23, 2009, 01:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

And they say's there is no Alien abuduction....  :-\

when planets align...do the deal !

St. George

And how many will read only the first two sentences - totally buy the premise -  and 'believe'?

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

pony express

Quote from: St. George on August 12, 2012, 02:01:44 PM
After all those years - you could've taken a piece of railroad iron and a set of Swiss Needle files and made your own...

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

Maybe they should have just sent ONE origional over to Afghanistan back then, by now troops would be bringing scores of them home.

Slowhand Bob

If they had made just one pair and given them to me for storage in my gun safe, they would have reproduced inexplicably while hidden there.  I have spent years explaining to the wife why a leather worker needs one of each gun he makes holsters for but I am grass if she ever looks into my safe and sees all of the duplicates that have shown up and I am not fully sure that I understand some of them myself?   ??? 

River City John

I'm curious why we haven't seen legal action against this company by all the poor dupes who believed their lie.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Major 2

That will take time ..at least for Class Action, a Law Firm must first find "if" there is anything to go after.

They have to nail down the will-o-wisp, head of the snake probably across several State lines....
Once the firm determines "if" there is profit in the action.   
The action by any City or County, may be heard well before hand.
beyond that, There well be many civil actions filed or in the works.
unless they have filed bankruptcy ( which I believe they have ) all bets are  off .
when planets align...do the deal !

CRM

They wanted to kill the messenger !

When their forum was open, I posted over there under my real name, my name is Charlie.
I am a Mechanical Engineer and building Guns is my hobby.
I told them from the very begining that they can't build that gun for $1250.00.

After Al Jones left, I publically ask Mike Blank, why are you still taking deposits on a gun that you will not be able to build for the money you are asking ?  You will be just going deeper into a hole !
He then responded by saying that deposits were no longer being accepted as of several weeks earlier !

All this time, some of those poor dummys were mocking and slandering me for saying such things.

Even yet, I'm not laughing, I wish they could have done it.

I might build that gun some day, if I do, I will show it off here.

Charlie

Abilene

Quote from: CRM on August 18, 2012, 06:03:54 PM
...I might build that gun some day, if I do, I will show it off here.

Charlie

Charlie, I think if anyone could make one, you could.  I would love to see it!

Professor Marvel

>I might build that gun some day, if I do, I will show it off here.
>Charlie

My Good Charlie -
By all means, please go for it! It would be a magnificent project and you certainly have the skills.

yhs
prof (I think I can make mud... ) marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

CRM

Man, you Guys sure make me feel appreciated.

Heres the deal, that Merwin is a hard one to build, especially if you want interchangeable barrels, so I am a little bit challenged.

I typically don't build what other people do, and that includes replicas, which that Merwin would be.
I like to build original designs that seem like they were built in the mid to late 1800's.
Those "Volcanics were the closest things I have ever built to replicate someone elses gun. Yet that "Volcanic" did require some original engineering to have a gun that I could shoot. I am presently build another "Volcanic" Carbine in Titianium. When I finish that one, I intend to build a Civil War "Tarpley" That will shoot the 56-50 Spencer Cartridge. Then, I am thinking about that side hammer Sharps Pistol to shoot the same cartridge. Then the worlds smallest and trimmest 38 Special Lever Action.

I think it would be educational for some of these Guys to watch me build a Merwin here on CasCity. Very few people have the slightest  clue for how much time and effort it takes to build a Gun from scratch.

First I would need one to measure and copy. Then I would make some drawings, select a bar of steel and start cutting. After about 4, maybe 5 months, I would have a brand new Merwin and Hulbert Revolver.

I am not especially fond of that gun, but I will think about it.
I can see where it would make a nice contrubution to my fellow man (some of them) just to see it happen.

Here's another of what I like to do.
It is a Single Shot, Falling Block, shooting that little "40 Volcanic" cartridge.

Charlie

Colt Fanning

Howdy,
I recently obtained a beater M H frontier in 44-40 that I plan to rebuild into a shooter.  Is there a forum somewhere for Merwin Hulbert shooters or collectors?

Regards
Colr

St. George

You're pretty much on it - so keep looking through the 'back pages'.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Professor Marvel

Greetings My Good Netizens -

As promised previously I am like a pitbull with a dogbone.

Here we are coming up to Oct 1.

By my reckoning , M&H under the umbrella of "Sharps Rifle" has until Nov 1 to come up with 12 months of rent to pay the city of Glenrock, WY or default on the last contract, thus forfeiting all equipment in the building (unless said equipment has mysteriously vanished in the night). If they have not acquired the afforementioned new funding to pay the rent they will be, well, boned .

I have found no news at all out there, not even from the local newspaper (which had been a regular source of information and entertainment: http://www.douglas-budget.com )

thus we wait with baited breath for the 31 day countdown...

As previously mentioned, it is abismal ( possibly criminal) that they took down A-square (a previously solvent and operational company) along with them.....

yhs
prof (american staffordshire terrier) marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Drayton Calhoun

It's disgusting how 'snake oil salesmen' prey on hard working collectors and shooters. They know that lawsuits will soon come, but they don't care because few of them really look at the future. What is worse, they make it so much harder for the ones who really want make a product. I feel sorry for all the folks that got burned by these jerks, but, they were warned many times over.
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Drayton Calhoun on October 01, 2012, 01:50:58 AM
It's disgusting how 'snake oil salesmen' prey on hard working collectors and shooters. They know that lawsuits will soon come, but they don't care because few of them really look at the future. What is worse, they make it so much harder for the ones who really want make a product. I feel sorry for all the folks that got burned by these jerks, but, they were warned many times over.

Lawsuits?   Hard to get blood from a rock.  Those that have paid the "deposit" will be out in the cold on this one.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Thumper

Colt Fanning, I'm about to start the process myself on an old open top, perhaps we should share notes as we go along. If you're interested, send me a PM. There's a guy on THR that might be of some help, he posted some videos on Youtube, I contacted him and am supposed to get updated pic's when he has them.

Professor Marvel

Greetings Netizens -
Thought I'ld forget?

Well, it is Nov 8 and the silence is deafening. M&H is "supposed to" have either paid the backrent or give up the building.
It shouldn't be too difficult, since a diligent search of public records indicates that 6 months rent is only ~ $30k ; not to mention that the contract I found has enough loopholes through whick one could drive 6 horse wagon and team.

Little is found in the Wyoming Newspapers except smoke qand mirrors - the Glenrock Bird reports that the M&H puppets principals presented "a slide show".
http://www.theglenrockbird.com/articleoverflow.html

and the M&H website has been silent with absolutely no updates since the new site was posted after the takeover.

I do have to admit that I took a poke at the corpse with a stick, perhaps it might twitch an eyelid...

First M&H now usfa. it is sad.
Don't worry about me, I will go off and oil my piettas, all by myself, in the dark.  :P

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Trailrider

Maybe they should apply to "you-know-who" for a gub'mint bailout! Oops! Shouldn't have said that... I think I hear something outside going "fluk-a-ta! fluk-a-ta! fluk-a-ta!" It's dark out, so I can't see what color those helicopters are!  :o
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Professor Marvel

Quote from: Trailrider on November 08, 2012, 11:37:06 PM
Maybe they should apply to "you-know-who" for a gub'mint bailout! Oops! Shouldn't have said that... I think I hear something outside going "fluk-a-ta! fluk-a-ta! fluk-a-ta!" It's dark out, so I can't see what color those helicopters are!  :o

In fact ,they did take more "stimulus money " from the state. from the link:

"Slide one of the presentation illustrated the status of the $6 Million of the $7 Million needed in capital and financing in order for the company to launch. The latest $2 Million of the $6 mil was promised in the last week from Enhanced Capital Wyoming, LLC., a recently formed State of Wyoming "State Focused Fund" that was created by the Wyoming legislature with the primary focus of creating jobs within the State of Wyoming.  According to Lesser, Enhanced Capital gave notification to the company that they have agreed to finance the $2million.  "It should be pointed out, that the $2million from Enhanced Capital is not a grant, it is financing that will be repaid with interest benefitting the State of Wyoming." stated Lesser."

somehow throwing good after bad.
and no mention at all of the M&H revolvers.

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Trailrider

Anybody wanna buy a bridge over the North Platte River?
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com