Merwin, Hulbert & Co revolvers

Started by Stophel, November 23, 2009, 01:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Marvel

Ah My Good RickB -

I am getting older and grumpier, and fickle in my consumer habits:

- I do not want to buy anything unless they are in full prodction and has passed the 1 year "litmus test" & shakeout.

- I want to be able to see  several of the item in a showcase, select the one I like out of the lot, drop my cash on the counter, and walk away with it in my hands.

- I want to see a fully stocked & operational warrenty & repair facility with well trained & competant staff

- When delivery times are stated, I expect them to be met.

I *do not* want to have to buy 1 to use and 2 junkers for parts. Been there too often as an exuberant youth.

When hard and direct questions are asked of the manufacturor, I *do not* want to hear hyberbole, diversions, snake oil, or "chest beatings" regard their integrity - those are indicative of "bad news".  I want direct answers to direct questions.

As an informed consumer I do not consider these things too much to ask for, and If I do not get them I will not have confidence in the vendor, and will vote will my dollars by taking my money elsewhere. I do not think it much of a hardship to do so, and at worst, I only risk not being the "only one on the block" to have whatever toy that may be.

In my zealous pursuit of hard facts, I am perfectly willing to share my findings.

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

fowler

No orders taken till production is in full swing. Over 1100 are preorderd. These will be top notch,top drawer pistols not Uberti,s or lesser brands. I will have one in my hand soon and thats this year Gents.  These cost alot to make and I would not be supprized if they sell close to $1500.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: fowler on April 26, 2012, 05:24:48 AM
   No orders taken till production is in full swing. Over 1100 are preorderd. These will be top notch,top drawer pistols not Uberti,s or lesser brands. I will have one in my hand soon and thats this year Gents.  These cost alot to make and I would not be supprized if they sell close to $1500.

So at $550.00 a pop for "preordering" that would be $605,000 at least to a company for a product that has yet to see one finished gun?  WOW.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

River City John

At this point I think his multiple forum posts are just to push buttons and sit back and enjoy the rise he's getting out of all the responses.

The year is one quarter gone. They haven't even begun to tool up.
There will never be 1,100 revolvers delivered this year.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Deadeye Don

Quote from: River City John on April 26, 2012, 06:57:37 AM
At this point I think his multiple forum posts are just to push buttons and sit back and enjoy the rise he's getting out of all the responses.

The year is one quarter gone. They haven't even begun to tool up.
There will never be 1,100 revolvers delivered this year.

RCJ

A Troll on CAS city....say it isnt so!!   ;D

St. George

A troll?

Maybe even a shill - searching for the 'true believer' who'll bite on any hare-brained scheme, since they're still short of operating capital, tools and experienced workers, and if the $550.00 deposits of 1100 folks aren't enough to get that ball rolling, well, now...

'The finest western handgun that will ever be made' - interesting, since back in the day, pretty much every manufacturer eclipsed it, filling holsters with Colts and Smith & Wessons and Remingtons.

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Short Knife Johnson

My guess would be low-level Trollsmanship.  Just judging from the lack of informed content of fowler's 22 posts as of yet, terrible spelling, punctuation, and general use of the Queen's English.  A shill would have a smoother approach, and may even have at least spelled "Merwin, Hulbert and Co." correctly.  

Will have to agree with the observation that MH's would have to be the finest works ever made though.  The example I currently own - a Medium frame .32 in near mint condition - in my first hand opinion, blows anything I've ever seen out of the water.  Other full size Merwins I've been fortunate to handle have the same standard of excellence.  Just because more holsters were filled with Colts, Smiths, and Remingtons doesn't mean they were inferior.  Price point and brand recognition have always been the name of the game.  

Oh yes... I almost forgot.   ;D  HEE HAW!!!

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

I think we will have to wait for the THIRD INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION;

http://www.economist.com/node/21552901

The likely use of printing technology to manufacture mechanical devices in the future will make items like the Merwin, Hulbert a commonplace.  There was a recent thread in the Spencer Shooting Society on this technology.

It is more likely than scientists being able to create new species like the Chupacabra so we can have a stylish way of packing said Xerox copy of the MH.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Harley Starr

Quote from: Sir Charles deMouton-Black on April 26, 2012, 09:35:51 AM
I think we will have to wait for the THIRD INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION;

http://www.economist.com/node/21552901

The likely use of printing technology to manufacture mechanical devices in the future will make items like the Merwin Hulbert a commonplace.  There was a recent thread in the Spencer Shooting Society on this technology.

It is more likely than scientists being able to create new species like the Chupacabra so we can have a stylish way of packing said Xerox copy of the MH.

Interesting reading Sir.
A work in progress.

Major 2

Every Galaxy Class Star Ship has had these since 1966  ;D

Walt Disney once said " If you can dream it, you can do it "

I guess Mr. Fowler Replcator born copy will beam down any time   :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

kurt250

i really hope they make them. we need some new replicas. i wish them luck. if they are ever made and work i'll but a brace of the long barrel 44/40 nickel plated revolvers. i just think the way they have handled this whole thing has been very bad and has done nothing but make people feel its all a big scam.if they want people to trust them clean up your act and act like its not the first day in school all the time.  don't tell people you are going to ship something and can't produce a single photo . quite talking about changing plans and partners. GET A PROTOTYPE FINISHED AND A PHOTO OF IT.get to work and stop wasting our and your time with endless reports of things that never seem to come to pass. kurt250

CRM

1100 out standing orders !  To be filled at the original advertised price !

I don't see how they can do it !

That gun needs to sell for around $2250.00 !

If it is made as good as they say it's gonna be made, here in America, then that's what it's gonna cost, it could even be as high as $2750.00 !

At best, this is a limited market, and a price like that.

I do not believe, this Puppy will hunt.

fowler

Not troll,but a MH fan waiting for my New Pocket Army 45Colt. When it comes I will post pictures and a review of the finest western handgun ever made.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: fowler on April 28, 2012, 01:13:43 PM
     Not troll,but a MH fan waiting for my New Pocket Army 45Colt. When it comes I will post pictures and a review of the finest western handgun ever made.

If nothing else you are persistant .

Professor Marvel

Hope springs eternal
to be callously dashed
upon the rocks of reality.

yhs
prof marvel
(i am not a poet, but I impersonate one on the gramaphone)
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Delmonico

As a good cook says, "the proof is in the pudding."  The pudding seems to need some help, it's still pretty runny and I know it's left a bitter taste in a lot of folks mouths.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Four-Eyed Buck

That has happened with some other repro guns, too, Del. that's why so much cynicisn ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Major 2

You ask why ? 

Here is why

They've been spouting since 2005 .... advertizing and taking non- refundable deposts since 07.
They have not shown so much of a single complete prototype in steel.
Did not meet any their own intro/debut dates in 09 , 10 or 2011... ( said they be at Shot 11 ...NADA )
They are in their third Parent Co. name change.... they've closed the plant and sold off equipment.

7 years and not a working model ....  :-\

you tell me .... should we not be cynical ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Danny Bear Claw

Kinda feels like we're beating a dead horse here.   ::) :-X :-\
I've been wanting an MH revolver for years, but until they are on gun shop shelves I wouldn't even waste my time thinking about it.
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

fowler

The MH factory called me a month ago and asked if I wanted my deposit or if I would stay in line for my Pocket Army Merwin-Hulbert. I told them I would wait and word has it   we will  see them soon. I am stocking up on cowboy loads and gonna have a Slim Jim made cross draw with border stamps in oxblood. The wait be worth it many times over. Best Fowler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com