Merwin, Hulbert & Co revolvers

Started by Stophel, November 23, 2009, 01:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Kettle

don't need one - its only about ankle-deep here on my end.

River City John

Quote from: Stu Kettle on November 09, 2012, 11:53:39 AM
don't need one - its only about ankle-deep here on my end.

How appropriate, Stu.  Considering this M&H saga we need something better to go wading through.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Delmonico

Bail out?  I don't think there was ever anything to bail out.  Money down a rat hole seems more proper. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Professor Marvel

Quote from: Delmonico on November 10, 2012, 01:06:58 PM
Bail out?  I don't think there was ever anything to bail out.  Money down a rat hole seems more proper. 

Rat hole .... hmmmmm
Why, Del, perhaps we could organize a rat hunt!

Oh, and could I possibly get more noodles, please?

your hungry servant
prof (rat terrier) marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

litl rooster

So does this mean the first of the new model M&H's will roll out around Christmas?

Dear Santee,  I've been really good this year.....................
Mathew 5.9

Slowhand Bob

Does anyone ever go to jail for this type of $#!+ in America?  Funny how some low life looser goes to jail over a few bucks but the guys in suits bilk millions/billions and it simply considered poor business practices!  What this country needs is a return to frontier justice, as metered out by the likes of Roy Bean or Judge Parker.  Amazing how much religion fokes get when the rope can be seen in the background!

Abominable Bill

Nope...  >:(  the guilty have more rights than the innocent nowadays

Deadeye Don

I think the only way either criminal charges could be brought or a civil suit wo is if the company had indicated they would refund earnest money if the gun was never delivered.  If all the people who lost money filed a class action suit and pooled their attorney fee money, they could certainly find an attorney willing to pursue this.  I doubt people would be that organized to do so and so they are all out in the cold on this one.  I just hope this thread remains open as a warning for future "investors".
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Deadeye Don on November 15, 2012, 05:58:36 AM
I think the only way either criminal charges could be brought or a civil suit wo is if the company had indicated they would refund earnest money if the gun was never delivered.  If all the people who lost money filed a class action suit and pooled their attorney fee money, they could certainly find an attorney willing to pursue this.  I doubt people would be that organized to do so and so they are all out in the cold on this one.  I just hope this thread remains open as a warning for future "investors".

No attorney would touch this for civil or class action status unless some substantial assets were available to recover.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Slowhand Bob

NAAA, wasnt thinking lawyers, more along the lines of a tall barl and a short rope!  People still know the difference between right and wrong, but we have become enamoured with the shuck and jive while ignoring the personal responsibility for such actions.         

Professor Marvel

Quote from: Deadeye Don on November 15, 2012, 05:58:36 AM
.....  I just hope this thread remains open as a warning for future "investors".

Well we repeatedly warned any and all
over and over and over
many chose delusion and smoke over sense and paid the cost with their dollars
As promised, with all sadness, I am here to say:

"Told ya so. Saw it right off"

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Delmonico

Quote from: Professor Marvel on November 15, 2012, 09:05:58 PM

"Told ya so. Saw it right off"

yhs
prof marvel

Paid for a Tucker Torpedo and all we got was luggage.   ;)

Put 5 Marks a week into a fund and then after a while you can have a Volksvagon. 

Cool looking gun, when are you going to get a magazine? 

And here is your title to the George Washington bridge, now get up there and start charging tolls.

;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

St. George

Guys, you 'do' know that for every post made about malfeasance and skullduggery - there are a handful of folks 'out there' who are thinking to themselves - 'But what if they're wrong?'...

Folks like those are looked at as lawful prey by the schemers, and if the advertising campaign's enticing enough - like it is with midnight radio preachers - these 'true believers' are reaching for their deposit money.

Sad - damned sad...

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Look on the bright side;  I got to learn about the elusive CHUPACABRA!

I even got to see a picture of one  ;D ;D

Even if it was just a cartoon ;) ;)
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Thumper

If any of you guys are interested, here's a real one I just refurbished and put up for auction.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=317086604

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Pancho Peacemaker on November 15, 2012, 06:09:05 AM
No attorney would touch this for civil or class action status unless some substantial assets were available to recover.

I agree with you Pancho.  It is very unfortunate, but a great lesson for all of us.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Delmonico

Quote from: St. George on November 16, 2012, 09:23:29 AM
Guys, you 'do' know that for every post made about malfeasance and skullduggery - there are a handful of folks 'out there' who are thinking to themselves - 'But what if they're wrong?'...

Folks like those are looked at as lawful prey by the schemers, and if the advertising campaign's enticing enough - like it is with midnight radio preachers - these 'true believers' are reaching for their deposit money.

Sad - damned sad...

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

Most times they are just the ones warning labels have saved from Darwin's Theory. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Slowhand Bob

I really can not jump on this bandwagon with to much authority as I have 'been there and done thet' myownselfen afore!  I sent in a bunch of cah to CC on speculation thet he would later send me a new production shotgun.  Onlyest time I ever did that and it worked out BUT a bunch of pards down under got singed on a similar feal, or so I heard?   

CRM

Their web site is down now.

Nobodys paying the up keep.

I think this is the way it works..

Those who know ?

St. George

Read all of the preceding posts, and you'll get the idea that this was nothing more than a scheme designed to not only fleece a prospective buyer - but give false hope to a town.

Sad...

C&WAS is a dying game - the introduction of new-production firearms to an extremely limited market is bad business, today.

Especially true when the prospective buyer/user is tied to the low-cost Ruger or Italian clone pricing of a Cabela's or other large retailer - the idea of spending 'Colt money' to shoot something odd and non-ergonomic to begin with isn't an option.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com