HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Started by Tjackstephens, November 23, 2009, 08:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjackstephens

To all my NCOWS family I wish you a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Do hope all of you can be with family and love ones. Also hope all have plenty and eat way to much. This has been a GREAT year for NCOWS. I have enjoyed being with so many of you cowboys and cowgirls. See you on down the trail. Your Pard, Texas Jack Stephens  Tj  :)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Dutch Limbach

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Tj
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Irish Dave

TJ:

I couldn't agree more. My best to all our NCOWS family and here's to an even greater 2010.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

kflach

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Texas Jack!

p.s. My rifle's been ordered (I got *great* service and a *great* deal from Oklahoma Tom at 3B Shooting Supply!). Thanks for your support as you talked to my wife.

lethal larry

Thank you kindly and have a safe and happy holiday yourself. Child-bride and I are spending our Turkey day with our friend Kow Katcher, along with other cowboys and cowgirls. She puts on a fine spread. We will undoubtedly do some shooting off her back porch that morning and playing 42 after the meal. It doesn't get much better than that....42, shooting cowboy guns and eating Turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, blackeyed peas, etc.  Yum!
:)
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: lethal larry on November 23, 2009, 01:46:26 PM
Thank you kindly and have a safe and happy holiday yourself. Child-bride and I are spending our Turkey day with our friend Kow Katcher, along with other cowboys and cowgirls. She puts on a fine spread. We will undoubtedly do some shooting off her back porch that morning and playing 42 after the meal. It doesn't get much better than that....42, shooting cowboy guns and eating Turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, blackeyed peas, etc.  Yum!
:)

Best wishes to all on this Thanksgiving.  I'm certainly thankful to be able to enjoy the fellowship of the NCOWS family.

kflach:  Congrats on your new rifle.  OT and I were talking about it the other day.  You're getting a good deal.  OT will always do you right on a firearm deal.

Larry:  I wish I was able to attend the dinner at Kow Katcher's ranch.  Unfortunately, I have work duties this week that will keep me from leaving the DFW metro area.  Please forward my best wishes to all at the dinner.  I will however be able to shoot on Sunday this week. 

A virtual smoked Turkey to share with all: 

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Tjackstephens

kflach, good news pard. Hope you enjoy your rifle and hope we will get to shoot together some day. Enjoyed talking to you and your family. Hope you have a very good turkey day. To all my pards, we have so much to be thankful for in this country. Still the greatest country in the world. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

kflach

Pancho - it's partly your fault. I first contacted Oklahoma Tom after reading your recommendation of him in the NCOWS Member Check In thread. You were right about him!

Tj - I'm 'planting seeds' to get the wife to go with me to KC to visit her best friend from college conveniently around the time of the NCOWS Convention in 2010. Even if that doesn't happen I expect to shoot with ya'll at next year's Regional.

Dedwood Dave

Don't get excited about the light at the other end of the tunnel. (It might be another train.)

NCOWS family 2908
NMLRA
NRA
4H Pistol
Quigley shooter

Will Ketchum

We have a lot to be thankful for in the NCOWS family.  With new posses and more possibly forming.

I hope to see many of you at the convention.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Delmonico

Quote from: Tjackstephens on November 23, 2009, 08:19:26 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Easy for you to say, you don't have to go to my SIL/BIL's. ;D

But it will be OK, will drive myself and come late, plus leave early. ;D  They live out of town about 30 miles so I will take the gravel roads and enjoy the trip. ;)

Every one else have a good one also, BTW I'm making the dinner rolls, wheat, white and Czech rye.

Everyone else have good one.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

Del, Those rolls look too pretty to eat, However I could force myself to eat a dozen or so.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

I've never sampled the Czech rye, but I'm looking forward to it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on November 23, 2009, 07:37:17 PM
I've never sampled the Czech rye, but I'm looking forward to it.

Will do it next time just for you.  Thinkin' 'bout sauerbratten (sp) for friday night at RCS. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

That sounds good to me. I showed my wife the picture of the rolls. I told her that they tasted as good as they looked. I wouldn't having a couple of dozen for Thanksgiving this year.

Tjackstephens

Delmonico, what great looking rolls. I do love rye. If you bring rolls like that no wonder your brother in law wants you there on Thanksgiving. We will be going to my daughter in laws mom and dad's. Many of you know Dodge Boy, you got to meet him at the last two Nationals. You can see we are a NCOWS family. It will be good food and a good get together. Probably talk about some shooting and the deers my son and daughter in law got this year. Yes she shoots and hunts also. We WILL eat too much. HAPPY THANKSGIVING from the great state of Kentucky. Tj

Trap

Happy Thanksgiving to all ! and especially to SHB, get well soon Pard.    jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Texas Lawdog

Trap, I talked to Jeff yesterday by phone. He told me that he would use this time to fill out his application. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Pards and their families.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com