.44 snubbie for sale!

Started by Deadguy, November 20, 2009, 12:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadguy

Just a heads up on the ad I just placed in the classifieds for my tuned 1851 with extra snubby barrel...
Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

fourfingersofdeath

Nice looking wood in those grips.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Rickd

Dick Dastardly

Would this be a SASS legal pocket pistol for side matches?

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Fingers McGee

Quote from: Dick Dastardly on December 06, 2009, 09:51:44 AM
Would this be a SASS legal pocket pistol for side matches?

DD-DLoS

No.  Has to be a pocket pistol frame.  Full size frames are only authorized as main match guns - regardless of barrel length.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

litl rooster

from the PDF rule book

POCKET PISTOLS AND DERRINGERS
Pocket pistols and Derringers are popular for use in side matches and are occasionally
introduced as an additional firearm in main match stages.
A pocket pistol is a small frame, fixed sight, pre-1900 design revolver having a barrel length
of four inches or less. Pocket pistols must be .31 caliber or larger. Model "P" Colts and
clones and revolvers with swing out cylinders are specifically not allowed regardless of
caliber, frame size, or barrel length. Pocket pistols may not be used as or converted to main
match revolvers.

• A Derringer is defined as an external hammer, fixed sight, breech loading or percussion
ignition, small frame pre-1900 design firearm having one to four barrels up to three and onehalf
inches long. Derringers must be .22 caliber or larger. The Remington style over/under
barrel configuration and the Sharps four-barreled Pepperbox are typical SASS–legal

that' left a lot of room for interpetion....

but it also restricts some origonal pocket models by not allowing swing out cylinders
Mathew 5.9

Deadguy

The snubby barrel is under 4 inches, and it is on the 1851 frame.  The trouble is that the term "small frame" is not defined....
Check out my website at www.bpstuffllc.com for blackpowder shooting supplies and custom finished and tuned cap and ball revolvers!

litl rooster

that's okay SASS don't want ya to stick it in yer pocket either
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com